Wednesday, November 3, 2010

#96 - Why Go it Alone?

Good morning! *Big sigh* The Holy Spirit had a lot to say this morning. I'm looking forward to sharing it with you. :) And... is it almost my Day of Rest?!? :-) I'm ready for it!!! It looks like Friday is going to be the day. I promise, if you had a Day of Rest, you would LOVE it! You would look forward to it every week. A Sabbath. A day to rest. A day to spend with the Lord, relax, not work! A WHOLE day! Doesn't it just sound refreshing?!? No laundry. No dusting. No dishes. Taking a nap with no guilt. Watching a movie. Maybe even getting a massage. An opportunity to "gas up." An opportunity to freshen up. Rejuvenate. Try it for a month! Once you do, I doubt you would go back. Sure... we did get side-tracked from our DOR for a few years, but then when we really "reflected" on it after missing it for about 3-4 years we realized we had not gotten any further in life. We realized that we were further down the road, but with less direction, less energy & less passion for life. Our DOR has got us back on track to receiving divine direction from the Lord on WHAT to do & HOW to do it. Counsel from a mentor is great, and the Bible even advises it.... but NO ONE can counsel better than the Lord. Combine the two and you are a force to be reckoned with. It's like how sleep at night helps the body to recover and repair. I think a Day of Rest once a week helps the spirit plan & prepare. A full day of rest, and the ability to lay out the direction for the next week, or next year. Focused time just to do whatever the Holy Spirit directs. Faith. Absolutely. It took a lot of faith for us to take a day of rest, especially Tyler (with a job). It does take planning. 


Anyways. Let me get off my soapbox... even though, just the intro was worth coming for! ;-) 
Psalm 33:18-22 - Behold, the Lord's eye is upon those who fear Him [who revere and worship Him with awe], who wait for Him and hope in His mercy and loving-kindness, To deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine. Our inner selves wait [earnestly] for the Lord; He is our Help and our Shield. For in Him does our heart rejoice, because we have trusted (relied on and been confident) in His holy name. Let Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, be upon us, in proportion to our waiting and hoping for You.
Psalm 63:1 - O GOD, You are my God, earnestly will I seek You; my inner self thirsts for You, my flesh longs and is faint for You, in a dry and weary land where no water is. 
Well... the Holy Spirit had a lot to say this morning on this topic. I'll share a few of the things He shared with me.
My children ask the questions but lack the confidence to know My Voice, to differentiate between their own voice, My Voice & the voice of the enemy. Amy confidence in hearing the Voice, hearing MY Voice does not come to only specific people. Amy like a sheet & shepherd, they know the voice easily because they have spend countless hours with him. The sheep have CONFIDENCE in who he is & in his consistency. Consistency in his love, consistency in his sternness, his direction, his ability to care for them, to guide & protect them. They know he is there for THEM. 
Listening to one's inner self is a great start. My children have been made in MY IMAGE. But there is something even better, listening to the VOICE of ME. 
Tell my children to just ask. Please children, slow down. You are running so ragged. My child, I have the answers. Will you go on a date with ME? Let me tell you about it. Let me paint the picture of your future. I will show you the good plans I have. 
He also told me that He is like a chameleon. That He is what we need Him to be. Comforter. Friend. Confidant. Today, He was my Business Partner. I had some business decisions to make. I thought about advise I had gotten from a business associate. I thought of the advise from Tyler. Then I thought about all the things and ideas going on in MY head, ME. As I was trying to filter through everything... I felt a little bit of stress having to "figure out" what I was going to do. And then, I heard that still small Voice say, 'I can be your Business Partner. I already know what to do." The Holy Spirit already knew the answer to my question. He already knew how I was suppose to BEST handle the situation and what He told me was an AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME idea! I told Tyler about it and it even took him back a little bit because it was such a GREAT idea. :) I take pleasure when something I say can take my husband off guard a little bit. It's exciting when something impresses him. He was impressed with the idea from the Holy Spirit. Needless to say, I was glad that I didn't try to just filter through all the thoughts and ideas... but that I asked the HS. He actually took the idea of my business associate, Tyler & me and combined all of those things to ONE great idea. 


HE wants you to take that inner self, the inner voice and let IT sit in the presence of the Holy Spirit. Our "inner self" already longs to be in the presence of God. It already thirsts for Him, hungers to be around and with Him. 


There is SOOO much we can get out of all of this! We didn't even get into the "in proportion to".


MyGym is calling. The boy and I need to get going. Take some time.... take your "inner self" and bring your "inner self" into the presence of the Holy Spirit. He really wants to give you the answers to the questions YOU have. Will you take the time to hear & know His Voice? Why go it alone when you have the Almighty Answer's at your fingertips, all you need to do is seek & ask. 

No comments:

Social Sharing