Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Holy Spirit CAN Help...Will You Listen?

Hello! :) I know it has been awhile since I have posted! This morning I felt led to post something and feel that it will really help some people. Hope this finds you well. Life here is good! Tyler Jr continues to be a hoot & Trinity is as beautiful as ever! She is coming up on 10 months old! It is hard to believe. Praise the Lord for blessed, great & healthy kids!

Let's get started!
Habakkuk 2:4b - ... the [uncompromisingly] righteous man shall live by his faith and in his faithfulness.
Joshua 1:8 - This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success.
Pulling out of our subdivision do I go right or left? Which way should I go? This is just one of the simple decisions I have to make each week when Tyler Jr goes to his "MyGym" class. Should I turn right or left? I am sure you have similar decisions that you make daily. Simple decisions... but decisions that can make all the difference. Maybe not "life-changing", but in some cases, they COULD BE life changing!


The Book of the Law... The Word... The Bible. Allowing these Words to constantly be inside of us. The "Word" is also often referred to as God Himself. God is the Word and the Word is God. The Bible talks about how the Word is inerrant, God-breathed. Since the Word is God.... meditating on the "Book of the Law" shouldn't be as hard as we often make it. Earlier in my Christian walk, I would read this verse, Joshua 1:8, and think, This is impossible! I can't just sit around reading the Bible all day! I have things to do! Over the years as I have grown in my Christian walk, as I have drawn closer to the Lord, as my relationship with the Holy Spirit has continued to go deeper and deeper, this verse popped out this morning in my spirit and it made sense!


As I sat on the couch, with my cell phone on the table next to me, my never-ending conversation continued. "This is why I told you not to bring your cell phone into this time with us. It is very distracting. You keep doing things on your phone & it interrupts our time," the Holy Spirit said as He rebuked me for the simple distraction.


Meditating on the Word day & night. Since the Word is God, aside from reading our Bible, meditating on the Word can also be simply CONTINUING in an ongoing conversation with the Holy Spirit. As believers, He does reside within us. Before ascending to heaven, that is the very reason Jesus left, so that the Holy Spirit could be WITH US always! Daily! In each decision be our guide! Check out what Jesus says in John 14:14, 26: And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever.... But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.


The disciples didn't want Jesus to go. They didn't want Him to leave them. They simply did not understand the magnitude and importance of Jesus leaving. Aside from allowing Jesus to defeat death, hell & the grave, AND allowing people of all time to accept Jesus as their Savior.... by Jesus leaving allowed us to KNOW the answer to the question, "Do I turn right or left?" When we get saved, we then give the Holy Spirit a home inside of us! We become the temple of the Holy Spirit. And then, all we have to do to know the answer to questions, is simply quiet ourselves, acknowledge the Holy Spirit & ASK the question. Sure.... if it is not something you are used to, if it is not something you have done much or at all, it may take practice learning to HEAR His Voice.... but friend, I assure you, the Holy Spirit is there, like it says in John 14, to be your Counselor & Helper.


So... in the morning... on my way to MyGym... inside, in my head, in my spirit. I get to the stop sign where a decision has to be made.... I quiet myself after asking the question until I hear the answer. "Go right today. It will save you from some traffic." 


Similar conversations happen throughout the day as I acknowledge the Holy Spirit in my life. He continually answers simple questions.... and even hard questions in our ongoing, never-ending conversation. Praise the Lord that Jesus DID ascend to heaven so that EACH ONE of us can have a Counselor & Helper. Jesus was a man. He was flesh. He could only be in one place at one time. Praise the Lord that the Holy Spirit can help ALL of us, even at the same time! 


Today.... I encourage you... take the time to quiet yourself and listen to that still small Voice who is just waiting to talk to you!

1 comment:

Kimberly Bestul said...

Thank u for post....it's amazing how much smarter the Holy Spirit is than my friends. :) He also has a way of calming my spirit when I'm constantly trusting Him.

Amen!!

~Kiki

Social Sharing