Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Refuse to Worry!

1 Peter 5:7 - Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.
Have you, like me, ever had something... an event, a challenge, a person, an opportunity that consumed your mind? For good or for bad, you've thought about it during most of your waking hours, whenever your thoughts had the opportunity to wander. Your wandering thoughts went directly to this situation, maybe this problem.

Well... I've been experiencing that with a situation for the last several weeks. A consuming thought that, on my own, I would try to fix, make it work, figure it out. I would walk down the hallway as I was rounding the steps to go upstairs, and in my mind, I would be stressing about this situation. How can I fix this. How can I make this work? The thought seemed constant, and quite honestly was getting exhausting.

Granted, like every good Christian, I prayed about it. :) I mentioned it to God a few times in prayer. Not that I had ever really given Him an opportunity to comment back to me, but I threw it up there to Him. Then, I went right on about my business stressing out about it, and worrying about it.

Finally, yesterday... I had the opportunity that I had to face the situation. And.... in my spirit, I knew I had to be a pressure release valve, instead of forcing the outcome to be one which I had "sold."  The outcome had gone as expected. I did go with my spirit, and didn't force the situation. Which still left me back to ground 0, back at the starting line.

"Ok God. Now what? I'm tired of worrying about this. I'm exhausted trying to figure this out."

For the first time during this ordeal, I heard that still small Voice say, "Then don't."

"What?"

"Then don't try and figure it out."

It finally clicked. I had REALLY been trying to do all of this on my own, instead of doing what I KNOW to do, which is the answer found in 1 Peter 5:7, cast ALL of your cares on the Lord! For weeks I had been carrying the stress, the care, the concern, the pressure about this situation. My waking thoughts constantly drifted to this area of frustration and unresolve.


Finally I did what I should have done weeks before, I said out loud, "Lord, I CAST this care on YOU! I'm going to let YOU handle this! I'm going to let YOU take care of this and work it out. YOU know just what I need, and you know how to bring it about perfectly! I haven't been able bring it about for the last 4 weeks, so, I'm DONE! I CAST THIS CARE ON YOU!!"

That, was yesterday morning. A few times throughout the day, probably out of habit, I caught myself worrying about the situation again. As SOON as I caught myself worrying about it I said, "NO! I have CAST that CARE on the LORD! I refuse to worry or be concerned about it. Thank you Lord for handling it for me!" I had to do that at least twice yesterday.

I had heard a minister say once, "When you try to carry your own cares, like YOU can handle it, it is actually an area of PRIDE. It's like you are telling God, you do not need Him and you can do it on your own."

To my surprise, by the end of the day, the Lord had brought about not ONE, but TWO alternatives to the situation. Alternatives that appear to be WAY better than the one that I had been trying to force. Granted, the situation isn't fully resolved yet, but I look forward to an AWESOME report since I'm FINALLY traveling down the road of letting the LORD fully resolve and make perfect the situation!!

Sooooooo.... what is it that YOU have been holding onto? Is there something in your life that you keep picking the care back up? You put "the care" in God's hands, but to only take it back an hour later and begin again to worry and stress about it? Is it your weight? Your marriage? Your business? Your children? Is it a relationship at work? Is it trying to keep your house clean, but the never-ending cycle of busyness seems like it's making it impossible?

Are you holding onto a care that you've been carrying on your own for a long time. The stress and pressure of it just weighs you down? Friend.... I encourage you to, once and for all, cast that care on the Lord! He really does care for you, and I GUARANTY, HIS outcome will be better than ANYTHING you could have manufactured on your own! :)

We have a joke in our house... when we have a situation that we catch ourselves worrying about, we say, "I could CARE LESS!!! I could CARE LESS! I CAST that CARE on the Lord! I refuse to care or worry about anything!"

God is in control! Amen?! :) Be blessed friend!

No comments:

Social Sharing