Tuesday, January 11, 2011

#123 - Google or God?

Hello! It feels like "Good Morning" still.... but it is actually "Good Afternoon." Here in South Carolina it is like everything is SHUT DOWN! We woke up yesterday to snow, and STILL have it on the ground, roads, cars, houses....and since Columbia isn't really prepared for clearing a large amount of roads with snow-plows, most of Columbia is just shut-down. Canceled. Closed. It's all good to me. It's kind of fun. I like my husband being home.... snowed-in, if you want to call it that! :) HA! It reminds me of the days in High School when we had school canceled because of snow. Wow! It was so great! It was the "Mother-Load of Greatness!" MOG! ha! I said that the other night, "Mother-Load of Greatness" and was laughed at because of the combination of words I put together. Our friend, Chris, even wrote it down and now it is coined MOG. :) 

Anyways... let me get going.... 
Proverbs 11:27 (KJV) - He that diligently seeketh good procureth favour...
Psalm 71:3 - Be to me a rock of refuge in which to dwell, and a sheltering stronghold to which I may continually resort, which You have appointed to save me, for You are my Rock and my Fortress.
Procureth - to win, to obtain, to secure. To secure favor. By seeking good, we can secure favor. By having a heart after God, after His will, we can secure favor into our lives. That is good news. 


Let me tell you a story. So... this morning I sat down and was journaling.... just journaling some thoughts that have been going on in my head and journaling the 'happenings' of the last day. I was also specifically writing about an area that lately I've felt that I was "borderline" obsessing over. I don't want to obsess over anything, unless it's my degree of being radical to the Lord and relationship with Him, listening to Him, etc. But, any other area in life, I do not want to obsess. I would like to keep a healthy balance. Even with a healthy balance, sometimes the Holy Spirit has me spend focused amounts of time on specific areas, but if HE is directing it... I'm OK with that! 


So... I'm sitting here and was just journaling some concerns about a specific area of my life.... this thing I've felt maybe I've been close to obsessing over. Right as I was journaling that, I thought, "Ooooh! I could look it up. I'll just grab the laptop and Google it!" Right? Tell me, have you done that before? "I'll find it. Surely Google has the answer!" 


lol. I'm sure I'm not alone in this one. So just as I was going to reach for the laptop, I heard the Holy Spirit say to me, "OK. Are you going to consult Me? Or the 'Almighty Google'?" the Holy Spirit chided.  I knew I was busted! I felt like consulting the Holy Spirit would be more "work" for my answer than just "googling it"! I just wanted a quick answer and was sure Google would have it. 


Well, reluctantly when the Holy Spirit said that, I said, "OK! You!" 


And then... do you know what happened? He laid out the FULL answer to my question down to minuet details. As I was quickly writing what I felt like He was revealing, He first laid out to me the "WHY." Why this specific challenge was occurring. Well, obviously, that was good to know. And then He laid out 6 very specific steps to get this situation back in line. Wow! 6 very specific steps that GOOGLE could have NEVER told me! Why could Google not have told me? Because the steps were specific to MY EXACT SITUATION! It was amazing. Actually kind of humorous. A very good lesson to me. 


As I read Psalm 71... it reminded me that I want the Lord to be my constant ROCK. I want HIM to be my fortress always. I want to run to HIM when I have a problem or question. Not some Internet portal that has opinions of EVERYONE in the world. If I want answers, I want to rely on HIM, the ALMIGHTY Creator of the Universe! The Creator of Heaven & Earth. The Alpha. The Omega. My Jehovah Rapha. My Jehovah Jirah. My Healer. My Provider. That is Who I want to run to. Sometimes I think it would just be easier to NOT ask..... so I prolong the asking and try to deal with it myself... when all along, if I would just take a few minutes, HUMBLE myself, get quiet and ASK, HE will reveal to me answers. He will reveal to me the next steps. He desires that I seek Him. And His Word says in doing so that I WILL OBTAIN and SECURE HIS FAVOR! Having Him answer my question and give me COUNSEL from the All-Knowing God, that is FAVOR! Having an ANSWER that is the RIGHT answer and not a guess, THAT is FAVOR! 


So.... do you have a big question? Have you been just going it solo? Doing it on your own? Who will it be? Google or God? I hope you choose God. He has a great answer for you!
__________________

Want to hear the results of listening? 
Check out the rest of the story: Google or God Part 2



No comments:

Social Sharing