Monday, January 3, 2011

#121 - The ULTIMATE Goal for 2011

GOOD MORNING! Happy New Year! This is actually kind of a "visit" post. I'm not officially back in my normal routine, so this week will still be a bit of a holiday schedule. I just read some good stuff and couldn't help but post it! It's a great thing to read since we have just stepped into the new year. It would also be a great goal for those who maybe hadn't yet set a goal. Probably the goal, if set, will ultimately lead to all other success in life! Check it out....
Phil. 3:10, 13-14 - [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power...
    13 ...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.
What a great goal for 2011! To PROGRESSIVELY become more deeply and intimately acquainted with our Savior! TO know Him more! To set ourselves up to be able to HEAR His Voice and direction for where we are suppose to go. What we are suppose to do. To have a keen ear to hearing what HE would have us do. Tyler and I have both been really getting better and better in this area of life. Wow! It has been amazing. To really get to the point where every action you take, you are in the middle of a constant conversation with the Holy Spirit, being directed everywhere. Or bouncing ideas off the Holy Spirit as you are doing things, making the very things you are doing MORE PRODUCTIVE because they Holy Spirit tweaked your thoughts. He tweaked them and made them better. He knew exactly how you could have the conversation with a friend or business partner. He knew exactly how you should interact with your family member. 


Tyler & I are celebrating our 10 Year Anniversary on January 6th. We took a ski trip to celebrate and get away, to prepare ourselves mentally for 2011, and to enjoy each others company. AND, even better, Tyler Jr was with Grandma and grandpa. What a blessing! I sat down one afternoon and had a "counseling" session with the Holy Spirit. I was by myself. Just me, my Bible & my journal. I listed out the areas that I wanted direction on for 2011. Areas that I wanted to have specific goals in: (1) Health & Physical Fitness (2) My Relationship with the Lord (3) My Business (4) As a Writer (5) As a Wife & Mother. 


My pen was just going non-stop. The Holy Spirit laid out a game-plan for me for each area. He gave me direction. He helped me set up a plan, a daily plan in each area so that I can succeed. Daily action steps with an end goal in mind. How helpful! 


My ultimate goal still stems around the verses I read this morning. That I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him. And by doing that, it will allow me to press on toward the goal to win the prize.


Have a great day! I look forward to meeting with you again regularly! I will probably start back again officially next week!


In closing.... I have a special note to my husband! :) 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MY SWEET HUSBAND TYLER...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! :)  

No comments:

Social Sharing