Wednesday, February 8, 2012

#241 - Rejoice!

Proverbs 8:30 - Then I [Wisdom] was beside Him as a master and director of the work; and I was daily His delight, rejoicing before Him always,
Proverbs 31:26 - She opens her mouth in skillful and godly Wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness [giving counsel and instruction]. 
A master and director of the work. I picture a director of a movie. He's not just any director, he is a really good director! He is amazing. Directing here, positioning there. Passion. You see the light in his eyes. He is not just a good director, he is a master! And, it is evident by his work. There is a reason for everything. I picture that "director," that "master" our Father. Literally directing my life. If my life were the "movie," He would be positioning things just perfectly. Events would be lined up in a sequential order that was important. All things would be positioned just so to accomplish mastery, to accomplish a "perfect movie." A masterpiece. Maybe it's joining a group... maybe a business, a mom's group, a Bible study.... a bit unsure why you're joining it... but it's all part of the line-up.... it's all part of things coming together perfectly. The director is positioning things "just so" in order that you will be in position to meet the crucial person that needs to be in your life. A friend, a future spouse, a publisher, a pastor, a business investor, an entrepreneur.... the person that you need to meet that is going to change your life. The person that the Director has placed there in order for you to continue on and fulfill your calling.

I noticed that in Proverbs 8:30, Wisdom is talking here. The notes in my Bible called "Wisdom" an "attribute of God." What does it all mean? How does it all come together? I'm honestly not sure... I wanted to also see if "Wisdom" was the same Hebrew word in both Proverbs 31:26 & Proverbs 8:30... I came up empty-handed. Nonetheless.... as I was digging, something that I found interesting was this: Wisdom is rejoicing. Wisdom, aka: an attribute of God, Wisdom is rejoicing. God is rejoicing. We're told in Philippians 4:4 to "rejoice always" and here we see God doing just that! God is rejoicing! He doesn't just give us His word, but He follows it too.

Honestly, this is something that I have not done enough of. Rejoicing. Thanking God. Praising God for the blessings in my life. I was recently just looking at my fingers and thanking God that I had 10!! I mean, imagine if one of your fingers were gone, cut off... it sure would make life a little different. What seems like such a little thing that can be so easily taken for granted. So, I began thanking God for my fingers and toes. Then, my kids fingers and toes! They have all theirs too! Praise God! We have working vehicles, we have a great marriage, a great business, a nice home to live in, we have furniture in all of our rooms, a great kitchen, new TV, washer, dryer & fridge.... we have money to buy groceries, ALL of our needs are met! We do not go without! Praise God! Not to mention, I am BLESSED to be able to be a stay at home mom and raise my kids!!! PRAISE GOD! I was also thinking of that the other day... I CAN SEE! I can hear! I can touch, taste & smell! What an awesome blessing! So often, I forget about "major" things that are a blessing if I did not have them! I need to do a better job about rejoicing!

So... I leave you with this, "Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say REJOICE!" What do you have to be thankful for today? 

No comments:

Social Sharing