Thursday, February 9, 2012

SPEAKING!

Proverbs 18:21 - Death and life are in the power of the tongue and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it (for death or life).
What are you saying? I've read this scripture many times. I've read books about positive confession, the power of your words, and confessing what the Word says. This morning I also read in a little book, "God's Creative Power" a statement that said, "Jesus said, "I HAVE TOLD MY PEOPLE THEY CAN HAVE WHAT THEY SAY"but "MY PEOPLE ARE SAYING WHAT THEY HAVE.""

They who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it. Eating the fruit of our words... the results. After years of studying the Word, reading faith based books, listening to ministers of the gospel, I feel like I have gotten good at curving what I speak. Instead of, "I have a headache." I may say, "I'm overcoming a headache." of "I'm healed of a headache." - Saying "I have a headache" is taking ownership of that headache, like "it's MINE!" Like I want it, I'm going to keep it. And headaches are not something I want to own or keep! I know that something like a headache is covered by 1 Peter 2:24, "By Jesus stripes I'm HEALED!" - I am HEALED of ALL headaches because Jesus went to the cross for them!

Anyways... I personally feel like I have gotten good at curving what I say, but the key thing I need to work on is SAY MORE! I need to SAY MORE! I need to SAY the LIFE that I want. Proverbs 18:21 says, "Death AND LIFE are in the power of the tongue and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it." LIFE is in the power of MY tongue! Am I living the LIFE that I want? If NOT then I am indulging in exactly what I'm speaking. If I'm not speaking enough, then I am receiving what the scripture says and I will sit right where I am.

I know for me, along with the proper action that is required to get my life where I want it to be, I need to make sure my WORDS accompany my actions. I know "Faith without works is dead." If I'm going to be in "faith," my actions need to show my faith. But I also know that I need to put my words to work more frequently!

What about you? What are you speaking? Are you speaking life? Are you speaking death? Are you not speaking enough? Do you need to SPEAK more?

No comments:

Social Sharing