Sunday, August 11, 2013

Is it Dark? GOOD IS COMING!

Jeremiah 1:11-12 -  Moreover, the word of the Lord came to me, saying, Jeremiah, what do you see? And I said, I see a branch or shoot of an almond tree [the emblem of alertness and activity, blossoming in late winter]. Then said the Lord to me, You have seen well, for I am alert and active, watching over My word to perform it.
Did you, like me, find it odd that a tree or anything would be blooming in LATE winter? Winter is not the time for things to bloom. When I've read this scripture, I've often thought this, but this morning I actually looked up when an almond tree should bloom and it is NOT in late winter. Almond trees should bloom in early spring, and optimally when there is no chance of a frost.

What does that mean to you? Do you feel you are in darkness? Does your situation seem bleak right now? Do you feel you are in the wilderness? Friend, let me tell you, wherever you are right now have faith, says that Lord that "I am alert and active, watching over My word to perform it." The LORD, though it may seem like a dark and dreary time for you, it may seem cold, gloomy and dark.... like winter, but have FAITH that the LORD IS ACTIVE in your situation. What's even better, that the LORD can make things BLOOM at the most un-optimal time! You may be in a "winter" right now in life, be it job challenges, financial, health, family, business, stress of busyness.... whatever your "winter" is, HAVE FAITH that even in this time, the LORD IS ACTIVE in the background. Expect good things. Expect that even during this "winter" season, this "dark" time that in the background the Lord is alert, active, and working on your behalf to make things come out in YOUR FAVOR in the long run! That in the MIDDLE of it all, He can make things bloom. He can make flowers even in the winter. 

EXPECT GOOD. You are a child of the MOST HIGH GOD, choose to believe today in the LIGHT and not in the darkness. Choose to believe that though you may not see it yet, GOOD IS COMING!

Be blessed!
xoxo.

No comments:

Social Sharing