Thursday, March 13, 2014

Enjoy TODAY!

Good Morning! Today's post is a bit significant! Why? This is my 400th blogpost/devotion! Wow! We've been through a lot on this blog….3 kids to be exact. I started this blog shortly after Tyler Jr was born…continued it with Trinity…. and now, 10 weeks into Timothy's life it is still going. :) So… a big THANK YOU to YOU for joining me and being on this ride together as we study the Word of God! :)

HAPPY READING on today's

400th BLOGPOST!

Eccl 3:1 - To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven.
Matthew 6:25a - Therefore I tell you, stop being perpetually uneasy (anxious and worried) about your life... 
Do you ever get stressed about where you are at in life? How much you have or have not accomplished. Are you living a life of significance? Are you "Getting Things Done?" as the popular title of a bestseller rings in my head, "GTD - Getting Things Done by David Allen." 

I obviously cannot speak for you, but I know for me most days I like to feel like I am accomplishing things. So much so that most days I really have to STOP and remember to smell the roses along the way. With a newborn, I am reminded at how quickly this phase of parenting goes by. You know the phase of them snuggling up to you, falling asleep in your arms, breathing their "milk breath" on you as they fall asleep after being fed. Because once they are mobile, the snuggling without wiggling may be few and far between depending on the child. So…. now, knowing this, I have purposefully tried to slow down more with Timothy. Enjoying the moments. Taking those "snapshot pictures" with my eyes, when my camera is not around. Soaking in the moments when he is smiling or looking at me or simply sleeping peacefully.  There are also those occasions when I catch myself and am mentally reminded, "I need to stop and slow down to have fun with my kids." Put my list of "To-Do" things and projects aside, which can wait, and have a fun day with them (or even just 15 minutes of fun.) Go to the park. Jump on the trampoline. Chase them around. Focus solely on them without multi-tasking. It's funny, even 15 minutes of fun with mom or dad is a lot to a 4 year old! At breakfast and lunch, we have this habit of going around the table and asking, "What was your favorite part for today?" And wouldn't you know it, the days where I do spend 10-15 minutes jumping on the trampoline or playing outside, THAT 10 minutes of time, is Tyler Jr's "Favorite part for the day."

You have probably heard (maybe said) the phrase, "You know, time sure does fly." Or, "Before you know it, they will be grown up and out of the house." Or, "You better not blink, time will pass just like  THAT!" As the person snaps their fingers

Time does go by. I have been guilty almost of being scared of "missing it." Missing the time with my kids (even though I'm there for almost everything as a stay at home mom.) But I still catch myself being almost scared of them growing up. Not wanting them to grow up because I know that means one day this season will be over, they will be out of the house, married and having kids of their own.

Today's scriptures are a great reminder, To EVERYTHING there is a season. STOP begin uneasy, anxious and worried! Sure, my kids are going to grow up, but I can ENJOY each season as they are growing. Just this week, as I was getting Trinity up and ready she said, "Mommy, God wants to eat your hair." I obviously laughed and then I asked her, "Why?" She proceeded to say, "God loves you Mommy. God loves Mommy." Ok? Not sure where the logic comes from, but straight from the mouth of a 2 year old. :) Moments like that! Moments with a 2 year old.

As I am encouraged to just LIVE IN THE MOMENT, LIVE IN TODAY, I encourage you to do the same. Now sure, that doesn't take away from planning, preparing, accomplishing goals, living out your assignment and the calling on your life. That is a talk for a different time. But as you are moving through life, discovering and living out your purpose, ENJOY TODAY! Enjoy the silly moments, the sunshine, the opportunities to go to the park. I'm reminding myself not to be so tied up on "projects" that I miss those memory making moments.

Go make some memories today!




No comments:

Social Sharing