Monday, December 6, 2010

#112 - Floor Plans

Hello! I pray that your day has gone well thus far?! Today as I began reading in Proverbs & Psalms, the Holy Spirit directed me to read about the life of King Solomon. So we are going to take a trip to the book of First Kings today. Follow along with me in 1 Kings 3.
1 Kings 3:5,9,11-12 - In Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream by night. And God said, "Ask what I shall give you."..... "Give Your servant an understanding mind and a hearing heart to judge Your people, that I may discern between good and bad. For who is able to judge and rule this Your great people?" ....God said to him, "Because you have asked this and have not asked for long life or for riches, nor for the lives of your enemies, but have asked for yourself understanding to recognize what is just and right, Behold, I have done as you asked. I have given you a wise, discerning mind, so that no one before you was your equal, nor shall any arise after you equal to you."
1 Kings 4:29 - And God gave Solomon exceptionally much wisdom and understanding, and breadth of mind like the sand of the seashore. 
As you read in 1 Kings, not only do you read how the Lord gives Solomon the wisdom that he has requested, but the Lord gives him much more. When Solomon's father, King David was reigning, it was told to him that his son, Solomon would reign in his stead and would be the one to build a temple for the Lord. A house for God. As you read in 1 Kings, you see where there was peace in the land, and the time had come for King Solomon to begin building the House for God. 


What I find quite exceptional is this, the LORD gave King Solomon the floor plans to build this magnificent house. Solomon did not make it up himself, but the Lord gave him the details, the measurements, the materials AND the people were in place that would do the work. Even just from a "timber" perspective, it says in chapter 5 verse 6, "For you know that no one among us can equal the skill of the Sidon men in cutting timber." King Solomon had in place not only the people to do the work, but the people who were CALLED and the BEST at doing each specific job. The men of Sidon were experts in cutting timber. They were known for the fine work that they did. 


Why do I say all this? Why did the Holy Spirit direct me to read about King Solomon this morning? I asked the same question and this was the answer that I got: 
I have solutions for the people in trouble. Just like laying out the floor plans of the temple, I will lay out floor plans to answer their problems. My desire is for my children to walk in peace & in blessing. Seek me & listen. I will provide the specific, detailed floor plans to answer your questions. 
We don't have to live in questions, in mystery, in wonder. We can simply ask, take time, listen, quiet ourselves in the presence of the Holy Spirit and expect the answer. I will be honest... there have been times in my life where I did not want the answer. I knew what the answer was, and I was not willing to do what I knew would be asked of me, therefore, I did not even ask. I still had up walls, I still had up barriers not allowing the Holy Spirit access to "change" me. I wasn't ready to change. I was holding on to this stubborn part of me that I wasn't ready to let go of. My heart just wasn't ready to let go. Though, I wasn't happy. I wasn't progressing where I wanted and at the pace I wanted, but my stubbornness was keeping me from getting the floor plans that I knew were readily available if I only asked. My mom always said I was VERY stubborn as a child. She and my dad prayed for me, "Lord, please let this stubbornness in Amy change for a stubbornness to serve You." I was most definitely a handful. 


Praise God, I have released my control. And even to a greater degree lately, not only receiving counsel & direction from the Holy Spirit in my life, but also, finally willing and ready to receive counsel from mentors in my life. Before, I was not ready to change, I had not embraced it and I was allowing fear to keep me where I was at. Praise God for the power of EXPECTATION. I had been expecting to change, and I have. I'm excited about the new path ahead. 


Do you need the right floor plans in your life? I know who has them. Are you ready to ask?

No comments:

Social Sharing