Thursday, December 2, 2010

#111 - Peek-A-Boo

Good morning! Hope you are doing well on this fine Thursday! I'm doing great. Enjoyed getting a lot of WORD in last night. Man, it was good stuff. Tyler did a Vlog because of all the great revelations we got out of some of the stuff we learned! Whoa! I'll include the link at the end if you want to go watch it. It was one of those "WHOA" sort of nights! :-) Isn't it amazing that we can keep learning and growing! That we don't "cap out." That we never really "ARRIVE." Like, "Ok, I've learned everything there is to know. I'm done learning now." Praise the Lord for the ability we have to LEARN! 


Ok... well, let's roll! 
Psalm 32:1,3 (NKJV) - Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, Whose sin is covered. When I kept silent, my bones grew old, through my groaning all the day long.


Psalm 92:12-14 (NKJV) - The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree, He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.13 Those who are planted in the house of the LORD Shall flourish in the courts of our God.14 They shall still bear fruit in old age; They shall be fresh and flourishing...
As I was thinking about these verses, the game "peek-a-boo", came to my mind. Tyler Junior is at the age now where he is really having fun playing "peek-a-boo." He is so cute. He will put his hands over his eyes and be peeking out through maybe a crack and we'll say, "Where's Tyler Jr? Where is he? Where's Tyler Jr?" We may say it a handful of times and then he takes his hands off his face, smiles real big and starts laughing as to say, "Mom, Dad, Here I am!" It is so funny! Or, he will even put a blanket over his head and play peek-a-boo. I also know in the afternoon, if we are upstairs and Tyler Jr starts crawling to mom & dad's room, then to our bathroom, then to our closet.... I know what time it is. It's time to play the "Where's Tyler Jr?" game. I will stand at my sink, and he'll crawl into the closet... I'll hear his little knees and feet hitting the wood floor as he crawls, then I'll hear him stop and sit up... just waiting for mom to acknowledge that he is not in a "visual" place where I can see him. I begin to just yell his name. "Tyler Junior. Tylerrrrr Juniorrrrr. Where is he? Where is Tyler Junior? Where is he?" He'll crawl out from around the corner and I'll say, "THERE HE IS!" He will just laugh and laugh and laugh! Like a hearty belly laugh. He thinks it is so funny! This may go on 5-10 times until we both get bored with the game, but we have a good time! :-) 

As I read the scripture today, I thought about how we can at times do that as Christians with God. When we have sin in our lives and we keep silent about it. We try to push it deep down and forget it, or hide it. We keep our lips sealed and don't want "God to know about it" or think if we suppress it enough, maybe He won't find out or acknowledge it. But, just like Tyler Junior hiding under his blanket, the whole time I knew where he was, I could see him. I could see his feet, his hands, I could see the frame of his body under the blanket. I knew he was there the whole time. That is just like God. We may try to push the sin down, ignore it. But the whole time, He sees it. He knows it's there. 

Like the Psalmist in Psalm 32, he talks about how when he kept his sins silent. All the while his bones were growing old. When I looked up the Hebrew, I found out some interesting things. The word "old" in the verse refers too: to wear out, to use up completely. Imagine this, the longer we hold on to the "unconfessed" sin... that unconfessed sin, sits on our bones and begins to pre-maturely wear them out. So we see the person with unconfessed sin, and what their life looks like in old age. Let's look at the righteous. Let's look at the person who has confessed their sin, let's see what they look like in old age. The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree. They shall still bear fruit in their old age. They shall be fresh and flourishing.  This person is strong. This person is fully alive and living life to the fullest. This person is fresh. They are flourishing, prospering. Even in their old age, they are producing! They are succeeding and making a difference! And I would anticipate, if we took a look at their bones, they would be STRONG! 

Just like the "Peek-A-Boo" game.... we can't hide. When I find Tyler Junior, I say, "I see you!" Most often, when he is found, I pick him up, I bend over hugging him and kissing on him and we are laughing. He pulls back, looks at me and just smiles with his 6 teeth just beaming. And that is just what God wants to do. He wants you to be found. He wants you to reveal what you are hiding. And when you do, that's just what He's going to do. He's going to hug you and kiss you and tell you he loves you. He just wants to bless YOU, his child. Let him bless you. Open up. Ask for forgiveness. Whether you need to ask God for forgiveness, a friend, family member, spouse, co-worker, boss, child, parent.... ask for forgiveness. God already sees, He already knows. He just wants to love on you. 

Have a blessed day! 

                     Xoxo,
                                 Amy J

________________________________________

Check out Tyler's most recent Video Blog (Aka: VLOG) - It's good stuff!



No comments:

Social Sharing