Wednesday, December 1, 2010

#110 - Leading by Example: Tyler McCart

Good morning! Bath morning again for the boy! I guess that means that it's time to go up a size on his diapers?! Argh. :) He's so cute when he wakes up, but definitely cuter if he's not wet up to his NECK! Nothing like fresh sheets everyday! Ha! 


Well... I already know this mornings devotion is going to be a bit unconventional. I have done one like it before....it will be good though! 
Psalm 1:1-3 - Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; 2But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night3He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper. 
I've been thinking about this for the past several days. I didn't necessarily plan on writing about it, but the Word this morning leads right into it. What a great opportunity to share. It could be called "A Tribute to My Husband", or "All the Great Things I've Learned from Tyler".... you get the idea. 


As the verses this morning talked about meditating on the Word day & night, the first person I thought of was Tyler. If you haven't ever met my husband, I hope one day you will be blessed with the acquaintance. He is the most amazing person I know. In Psalm 1:2, I have watched my husband live this verse. I have watched him take a scripture and meditate on it for days, weeks and even months. I've watched him take something and keep going over and over it. Looking at it, reading it outloud, praying about it. I've watched over the last couple years the Lord reveal amazing revelations to him through him taking the time to meditate on the Word. When we first got married, for our first year we were both pretty consistent with taking a Day of Rest. Then, we got caught up in life for 4-5 years and just worked, worked, worked. Praise the Lord for the Holy Spirit, but about 3 years ago, we got back into the habit of taking a Day of Rest. What a blessing! I remember coming home from work on the day Tyler would take his Day of Rest. It was always my favorite day of the week! Typically it was Wednesday. But HIS Day of Rest was my FAVORITE! Why? Because we would go out to dinner, and I would just sit there .... typically at Carrabba's pasta bar, I would just sit there and take it all in. Tyler would just tell me all about what the Lord revealed to him that day. The revelations, what he learned from some broadcasts online, through all of our dinner he would just pour out what he had learned. What had be revealed through meditation. I just sat there like a thirsty kid, drinking it all in. I marveled at how he learned and the revelations God gave him. Tyler taught me how to meditate. He taught me how to do what Psalm 1:2 says. 


"Nor sits in the seat of the scornful..." - Tyler had lunch the other day with a guy who I used to work with. This guy is quite an extraordinary person in the corporate arena, very driven, very goal oriented and with a great desire to lead a life of significance. As Tyler returned from their lunch appointment, I was just again amazed at his desire to pour into the lives of others, to add value, to encourage, to build up & to help provide resources that Tyler knows will be able to help people. This person is definitely not a "scornful" type of person, but optimistic and ambitious. As I listened to some details of their lunch appointment, I just heard of "friends" having lunch, but Tyler pouring out some situations from his day, and being able to bring it back to the Word... what he had received from meditating and how the WORD completely turned around his morning. Tyler was not trying to teach or preach, but just sharing. And I found it pretty interesting that at the end of their lunch the guy asked, "So, do you read your Bible every morning?" Even that question just made me smile. This gentleman, probably a Christian, but most likely doesn't read his Bible every morning. In how Tyler lives his life, he was attracted to it. He was attracted to what Tyler received from the Word. He was attracted to how the Bible is not just words on paper to Tyler, but that it is ALIVE and LIVING, ACTIVE. For someone desiring to live a real life of significance, he was drawn to the Word, because the Word has a way of revealing the depths of true significance. A life built on the Word. 


"Whatever he does shall prosper." - Over the years, I've obviously watched Tyler. Even when I first met him, I was drawn to him. I knew he was going to do really great things for the Lord and the Kingdom of God. I was drawn to that. I was attracted. It was more than his build and good looks (hehe!)... Tyler was going places and I wanted to be a part of that. I've watched set-backs over the years, but I've watched Tyler press forward. I've watched him not wallow in discouragement, but continue to put his trust in the Lord. I've watched him continue to dig deeper into the Word to find answers to situations we may have been going through. When things got hard, Tyler got in the Word more. When he got squeezed, the WORD came out of his mouth. He is such an amazing example to me. Even recently, I mentioned to him some things that were noticed by some close people to us. It wasn't something easy to tell him, nor was it probably something easy to receive. But, it was a perception. And whatever someone else's perception, is their reality. He didn't get mad, but he said, "Well, I guess I will just need to work in that area so it does not things are not perceived in that light." He took something hard to receive and did not get defensive, but said, "I'm going to work on that!" Talk about humility. Talk about laying down ego. 


"Whatever he does shall prosper." - Tyler, I know you will read this at some point... and I want you to know this. From the day I met you, I KNEW that this verse was you! I knew that WHATEVER you did, you were going to prosper. I just want you to know that I am so thankful to be on this journey with you. My train will always be linked up to you because I know where you are going, you are making a difference. You are doing things that matter and you are prospering! I'm so blessed to be married to a man that continue to move forward. That continues to lead by example and press forward. I AM SO BLESSED! I feel like the most blessed life in the world! Thank you for pouring into the lives of so many men who need it. I've watched you pour yourself out unselfishly to help other people. You are such a blessing to me! Thank you Tyler for always leading by example! I love you!


----- If you are not linked up with someone who you KNOW is doing things that are going to matter! You need to meet Tyler! You need to link up with HIS train because I know he is going to do great things for the Lord & Kingdom of God! 


Here is a recent "VLOG" Tyler did on the Life of Joseph. It's good stuff! Check it out!


Bless you all! Have a great day! Time for MYGYM! :-)

         

No comments:

Social Sharing