Wednesday, February 16, 2011

#142 - Still on Track?

Happy Wednesday! :) Wouldn't it be interesting if we woke up like every day was a Holiday. If we woke up with excitement each day, kind of like we do on Christmas or our birthday. Yesterday I did that with Tyler Jr. It was kind of fun! I said, "HAPPY TUESDAY!! It's a special day! It's going to be such a great day! God has made it! HAPPY TUESDAY!" It was actually fun. It made me smile just saying it. So.... to you, I say, HAPPY WEDNESDAY! It's a really great day!!! It's a really special day! God has made it and you are here! It's an extremely special day. We are in route, on a journey to be all we are called to be. To reach our ultimate destination, heaven! So many things to do along the way. But PRAISE GOD we can enjoy the journey. :)


Let's go...
Proverbs 16:1,9 - THE PLANS of the mind and orderly thinking belong to man, but from the Lord comes the [wise] answer of the tongue. (9) A man's mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure.
So, I recently did this very thing. I, Amy, made a plan. I looked at the areas of my life that I wanted to grow in. Areas that I wanted to move forward in. Goals for my life. Fitness, Spiritual & Mental Growth, Family, Our Business & finances, Writing. I sat down and fully "bulleted" out these areas and wrote what MY PLAN was in order to grow in these areas. I established a plan. What did I do next? I brought MY PLAN before the Lord to gain wisdom and insight on it. "Lord... here's my plan for these areas. Is this a good plan? Is there anything you would add? Take away? Anything I should tweek?" As I sat waiting for His answer, I was able to gain clarity on My Plan. And better yet, I was able to receive a WISE ANSWER from the Lord! I have planned my way, and now can have confidence that the Lord will direct my steps in my way. 


Well... just yesterday, I was looking over my plan. I noticed several things that I was not doing. It had been a few weeks since I had looked at it. I was reminded that I needed to put My Plan up, keep it in front of me, keep it visual, so that DAILY I am able to see & review my plan and make sure I am still on the right track. 


That is my task for today. I just wanted to ask you.... have you made a plan? Do you have YOUR PLAN established? If not, do you think that it would be helpful? Maybe it is just ONE area that you want to grow in. Maybe you want to start a business. Or begin sewing. Maybe you want to improve your relationship with your spouse. Or maybe, like me, you have several areas in which you want to grow or progress forward. Not that you need several areas.... if personal growth is new to you, I'd recommend starting out with maybe ONE thing. Growing in one area. Being diligent.... and then maybe next month.... adding another area..... then the next month, adding another area. Not overwhelming yourself with trying to change everything today, but taking small steps daily to grow. 


If you have a plan, are you still on track? Do you need to revisit your plan and make sure you are not forgetting anything? I definitely noticed a few areas where I was not on track, I had forgotten about. 


So... are you still on track?




1 comment:

123 said...

Great msg A!!! I was actually just reading the "Growth" msg...but kept reading down...I really like them both!! As you know...I've ALWAYS been a planner. I plan everything...it's mostly just for ME...cuz I need to have things written out...with specific steps and an END in mind. Probably why I'm a science teacher...there's always an ending...then a chance for analysis & reflection. ;D

It's good to read that the Plan's of the Mind belong to Man...but the Lord will then direct our path.

That's GREAT confirmation for me!! I have also found it helpful to revisit my plan. Especially when I feel frustrate or off track. It always helps me to go back to the BIG PICTURE. Why am I here? Why am I doing this? OH YEA...cuz He led me here, as part of His plan. <3

Thx!!!

Social Sharing