Monday, February 28, 2011

#145 - The Best Investment

Good morning! :) I am back and it's a beautiful day in Columbia! UH-MAZING! Not sure the temperature outside, but yesterday it was 84 degrees! Wow! :) 
Proverbs 28:5 - Evil men do not understand justice, but they who crave and seek the Lord understand it fully.
Proverbs 28:9 - He who turns away his ear from hearing the law [of God and man], even his prayer is an abomination, hateful and revolting [to God]. 
I recently was talking to Tyler and he's always so smart. Not only is he a studier of the Word, but he learns and takes in from everyone. He is always learning. He said that a statement that impacted him that he had heard was about studying the Word. The person had said sometimes as you're studying and meditating on the Word, it is important to see what the Word says, but also important to see what it doesn't say. For me.... the things that Proverbs 28:9 does not say is really what I'm interested in. 

He who turns away his ear from hearing the law even his prayer is an abomination (to God). If we looked at it another way, we could see: He who turns his ear TO hearing the law, his prayer is a blessing & delight to God. 


This morning I am just excited about turning my ear TO God... turning my ear to His Word. It is comforting that investing time in the Word HAS the greatest return that I could possibly hope for or expect! That I am being a delight to God when I turn my ear towards Him & His law & Word. 


Now that I am a parent, I'm just starting to realize what a blessing it is when my child listens to me, when he doesn't touch the things he is not suppose to touch. The power of being obedient to the Law! Whether that be Mama's law in the house.... or God's law with life! Tyler Junior is blessed more by his mama when he is obedient. My love for him doesn't change, but sometimes my attitude does.  When he is fun & obedient, I want to take him places, go to the park, play, do fun things. When he is whiney and not listening well, I do not want to 'play' with him. I'd just assume it would be nap time for him! I KNOW God's desire is to bless me too! I am HIS CHILD! My desire is to bless him with my obedience and my listening ear. 


Does it seem like the theme for this year has been "listening"?? I feel like it just continually comes up! To crave & seek the Lord. To listen & obey His Word. I know listening & obeying is the best investment that will yield the greatest dividends available! 


May your day be blessed! 

1 comment:

jburton said...

Listen...you are right on! Happy Birthday! May our Lord Bless you and yours!

Social Sharing