Thursday, August 4, 2011

#213 - The Path of Clarity

Proverbs 4:12, 18  - When you walk, your steps shall not be hampered [your path will be clear and open]; and when you run, you shall not stumble. But the path of the [uncompromisingly] just and righteous is like the light of dawn, that shines more and more (brighter and clearer) until [it reaches its full strength and glory in] the perfect day [to be prepared].
Proverbs 31:18b -  ...her lamp goes not out, but it burns on continually through the night ...
It's early in the morning, and you are standing in the forest. The early beams of light are shining through the trees onto the path. The vision is magnificent. The light morning fog is lifting and the path before you is lit up as the rays embrace its outline. There is no mistake. You know exactly where you are going, the path is leading you. Your direction is sure. With the light as your guide, you begin your journey to your next destination.

Clear & open. No questions. No confusion. Clarity. Do you just want to know that you are on the right path? Headed the right way? You CAN know. Proverbs 4 tells us our path is clear & open, like the morning light shining to give you direction it makes your path brighter and clearer! Clarity. The questions are subsiding, the fuzziness of decisions are coming into focus. You CAN know exactly where you are supposed to be. You CAN know the exact path and direction that you are supposed to be traveling. Isn't that good news?!

The Proverbs 31 woman keeps her lamp on. Her lamp burns continually, just as the light of dawn, the light reveals areas where we may not want to step. The light magnifies areas we want to avoid so we do not stumble.

What is the "light?" How can I have it? As a believer, the light within us is continually burning, the Holy Spirit is continually at work within us to direct us on this clear path, this path of clarity.

I was reminded this morning to acknowledge the Lord more frequently throughout the day. When a question arises, or a decision needs to be made, to take a moment and stop. Stop and ask. Even if the question is just in my head and I pause long enough to acknowledge the leading of the Holy Spirit, He will direct me. Often, a question that I need to ask is this, "Holy Spirit, what should I do next? I'm feeling tired and fatigued, do I just press on to finish this task or should I take a break?" He knows exactly what I need to do in order to complete the tasks that HE has laid out for me for the specific day. In acknowledging Him, I do not stumble. He shines clarity on the tasks at hand. He makes my path clear. He shines light on the activities that are on my "to-do list" that may be in vain, the activities that may add no value that I just "thought" would be good. HE will direct me with clarity.

I encourage you today. When you are feeling weary, having questions, feeling like you are going to stumble.... take a moment... pause... close your eyes and envision the morning light shining in through the trees on your path... envision clarity and ask the Holy Spirit what you should do. He will give you clarity. He will shine light to your path.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amy. I am so clear of my future. the struggle I am going thru is worth it. I read the end of the book. barbara plummer

Social Sharing