Tuesday, August 2, 2011

#211- Put Your Hands UP!


Proverbs 2:8-9 - That He may guard the paths of justice; yes, He preserves the way of His saints. Then you will understand righteousness, justice, and fair dealing [in every area and relation]; yes, you will understand every good path.

"Put your hands up! You are under arrest!"

Have you ever resisted something? Maybe not specifically a police officer, but have you ever resisted change? Holding on to how things have always been, not wanting to change and jump into the new? The last few days I have been going through this myself. Experiencing an area in my life of change, but in my heart wanting to hold back and resist it. You know the feeling, when you feel uneasy, uncomfortable, like you have knots inside your heart. As you go to sleep at night, your mind keeps going over and over this possible change if you decide to give in to it. That was me last night.

As I fell asleep, I just thanked the Lord for working everything out. I praised Him that all is well, and that "this too" shall work out.

I often use "peace" as my guide when making decisions. I know that our God is a God of peace. So, the feelings of "uneasiness" I take with caution. I don't like to jump into anything unless I sense a peace from the Holy Spirit that the decision is right, one of obedience. As I experienced feelings of uneasiness with this decision I was facing, I knew the Lord would have to make it right within me, He would have to bring a peace. Who likes change? When things are comfortable, working, good... who wants to change things? I know often I do not!

This was what the Holy Spirit revealed to me this morning, maybe it will apply to you in an area as well.
Resistance. Be open. Change can be uncomfortable, but is is often part of My plan in taking you to the next level of MY blessings for you
The knots in my heart were wanting to hold me down. I was not wanting to change what was good. Not being able to "see into the future," I was just looking at the present. Praise the Lord for the Holy Spirit. He may guard the paths of justice; yes, He preserves the way of His saints..... yes, you will understand every good path. 


I can have faith in the fact that GOD is guarding My path! As I seek Him, He will not lead me astray. Sure, change may be uncomfortable, BUT I WILL understand this good path. Though I may not understand it now, I will understand it. He ultimately is always setting me up for favor. He reminds us in Proverbs 2:9, "...yes, you will understand every good path." I will understand it, eventually.

There is a point of resistance that is good. Resistance until peace is received. Resistance until release is received. Release? Yes, release to move forward. Release to make the change. Release. Once the "Umpire" shows up on the scene, "Peace", then it is time to move forward and allow change to take you to a point of understanding, blessing & favor. If we always stayed in the same place, there would never be new books, new business', new opportunities. There would not be new inventions, new concepts, new ideas. Change is essential. Action is essential.

The Proverbs 31 woman also took this to heart. We can see that through one running theme through Proverbs 31:10-31. Look at ALL the verbs of Proverbs 31!  Look at some of the verbs...

  • She comforts
  • She encourages
  • She does him only good
  • She seeks
  • She works
  • She brings
  • She rises
  • She assigns
  • She considers
  • She plants
  • She girds 
  • She makes
  • She tastes
  • She sees
  • She lays
  • She opens
  • She reaches
  • She fears not
Our Proverbs 31 friend is open to change. She is ACTIVELY moving forward. She is taking action. She is not stagnant. She does not stay in one place. 

In what area/s do you need to step out in? Are there areas of change that you need to embrace? Though it surely was uncomfortable for the Proverbs 31 woman at times to "Step Out," she did step out. Because of it, she was blessed and you will be too!


1 comment:

Kimberly Bestul said...

Great Post here Joey!!

ur exactly right...change isn't always easy and we may not ALWAYS understand it while we're going through it.

HOWEVER, someone I respect very much gave me this verse:
1 Peter 5:7 Cast ur cares upon the Lord for He cares for u.

I remember myself literally throwing my cares into the ocean. What a relief that He cares so much about us. <3

Each season of our lives brings us new information and knowledge that we get to turn into wisdom with His Grace. As a mother, I am continually embracing these different seasons. ;)

Social Sharing