Monday, August 15, 2011

#218 - Don't Fret! Expect Favor!

Good morning! Well.... I'm officially 33 weeks pregnant today. I get to go to the Doctor this morning to check and see how Trinity is doing. :) Whoo-hoo! Our little girl is growing and SO is mama's belly! I measured my belly the other day.... I have definitely surpassed Tyler!! I am currently 44 inches around. Whoa! I have also graduated out of most of my bed-time t-shirts and have started snagging Tyler's t-shirts. Ha! All is well though. Trin is healthy, I am healthy, Tyler & Tyler Jr are healthy.... and we are all excited to meet Trin in a few weeks. Wow! Could be as soon as 35 days and I will be full-term. It seems closer when you break down the days. I'm definitely doing my best to enjoy each day! Tyler Junior will soon not be an only child getting all the attention, so I want to enjoy this time. Although, I must say, it will be nice to have my body back! :)

Ok... ok... let's get into the Word this morning so I can scoot off to the Doctor. :)
Proverbs 15:15 - All the days of the desponding and afflicted are made evil [by anxious thoughts and forebodings], but he who has a glad heart has a continual feast [regardless of circumstances].
Proverbs 31:25 - Strength and dignity are her clothing and her position is strong and secure; she rejoices over the future [the latter day or time to come, knowing that she and her family are in readiness for it]!
Have you ever found yourself asking questions similar to these?: How are things going to turn out? Will it be good for me? Will I like the outcome? 


I've found personally that it really takes an active effort to keep my thoughts on the positive, rejoicing over the future, though I may not know the exact details of how circumstances will turn out. I don't know if you can relate, but in a time of change it can be easy to err on the beginning of Proverbs 15:15, allowing anxious thoughts and forebodings to creep in. What are "forebodings?" The dictionary defines it as a strong inner  feeling or notion of future misfortune. Proverbs 15:15 tells us that days are made evil because of this very thing, dwelling on the possibility of future misfortune. That is what makes ALL THE DAYS evil, by dwelling on the potential negative that COULD happen.

Do you see the glass half empty? Or do you see the glass half full? Do you expect favor in the situation you are in? Or do you look at all the possibilities where things could turn wrong? If we broke things down, we could say that Proverbs 15:15 is telling us to SEE THE GLASS HALF FULL! Take on an optimistic spirit. Take on a FAVOR mindset. Be favor minded!

Our Proverbs 31 friend is rejoicing over the future. She has done what she can do. She has prepared what she can prepare. She determines within herself, to now, rejoice over the future. The preparations have been made. Like her thoughts are, "Let the outcome be what it may, but I am going to set myself in agreement with favor. I believe that God is working everything out on my behalf. I am prepared. I am ready and the future is going to bring great things to me & my household! With God on my side, who can be against me?"


Don't fret. Don't care. As it says in the 1 Peter, "Cast ALL your cares on Him for HE cares for you!"  


As you set yourself in agreement with the WORD and not the WORLD, watch God work on your behalf. Regardless of circumstances, regardless of the situation, put yourself in agreement with the Word. Speak it out loud!
"MY GOD will even make my mistakes to prosper! I walk in divine favor! All things are working together for my good in Jesus Name! With God for me, who can be against me? ALL things are possible with God. Favor, favor, favor! God's favor is working for me now!"
Don't fret! Agree with the WORD and watch favor line up on your behalf!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy I have been so enriched and full from your remeinders of how God works in our lives. I get my positive words from Him and affirmations from you. You are Gods angel to give us His word.
Love ya - Barb Plummer

Social Sharing