Tuesday, November 30, 2010

#109 - Victory is Yours if you will TRUST

Good afternoon! :) It feels like morning since I'm still in my "morning routine"... but running a bit late this morning. Had to give "the boy" a bath. :) Let's just say when he woke up he was SOAKED! So.... what is he doing now? He is also having his Quiet Time like mom. He has some toys, his books and HIS Bible in his bed with him. We got him his first Bible for his birthday and are beginning the process to talk to him about reading his Bible each morning during our "Quiet Time." I have been setting up the routine that the morning time is Quiet Time, reading time, and playing in "his" room. It's working. It will be fun to watch Tyler Junior as he grows and truly does establish and learn the importance of spending time in the Bible each morning. It is pretty amazing that kids really do want to mimic whatever their parents do, so since we read a lot, I anticipate he will do the same. 


Well, let's get rolling this morning. 
Proverbs 30:5 (NKJV) - Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. 


Psalms 30:3-6 (NKJV) - O LORD ...You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.... His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning. Now in my prosperity I said, “I shall never be moved.” 
As I briefly spent time meditating on the word shield, and the idea of a shield, I envisioned some pretty interesting things. Picture this, it says that HE, GOD is YOUR shield if you put trust in Him. Picture going into battle or attacking whatever problem it is that you might be going through right now. Maybe it's some differences or issues with your boss, maybe it's with your finances, maybe it's your in-laws (who you are trying by faith not to treat like out-laws!).... whatever the situation. Imagine, since your trust is in God that as you walk into this problem or what seems like a battle GOD walks in front of you AS YOUR SHIELD. He IS your shield. As you are holding up your arm, like you would a shield, it is God who is going before you. It is God who is setting up your Victory! It is God who is doing the prep-work and the "warring" on your behalf. HE is fighting your battles. You are just walking them out. You are just treading your feet on the land, He is fighting for you, and YOU are receiving the Land. You are receiving what is rightfully yours.

Weeping may have been last night. But this morning came joy! Now you are walking out the Victory! You are walking out in prosperity... be it soul prosperity, relationship prosperity, marital prosperity, business prosperity, financial prosperity, health prosperity. GOD is walking before you AS your SHIELD AS you TRUST Him. Trust is the key ingredient here. Your situation may look impossible. Trust. Your marriage may look hopeless. Trust. You look at your 'online banking' and your finances seem hopeless. Trust. You feel like you are at the end of your rope. You want to have hope. You want to believe things will get better. You are looking up from what feels like the pit you are in just wanting to believe, wanting to hope. TRUST. God has kept you alive. God has kept you here for such a time as this. And PRAISE GOD, he did not bring you to this point to leave you in defeat. You may know that it was not God that brought you to this point to begin with, it was you. Maybe your mistakes or selfishness. May unkind words that you let slip out. Maybe mishandling of finances. Maybe you brought yourself to the place you are at and you pride is keeping you there. Lay down that pride and TRUST. Let God know once and for all that you can not do it on your own. Let Him help!
"Victory is yours," saith the Lord. Victory is yours. "Put down your pride, put down your ego. Let ME be your Shield. I know how and WILL win this battle if you will only TRUST. Your way has not worked. When will you turn to Me and let me work on your behalf? My ways may seem strange, my plans may not be how you would have done them, but my way ultimately WILL work if you will just TRUST. Will you trust Me today?"

Let the end of your story be Psalm 30:6, 
Now in my prosperity I said, “I shall never be moved.” Prosperity. Prosperity in your marriage. Prosperity in your business. Prosperity in your health. Prosperity on your job. Prosperity in your relationships. Prosperity in your finances. That you would be left standing, the ground would shake, the strength of your voice would be heard for ALL to hear, "I SHALL NEVER BE MOVED!" The roar of your voice echos in the land, "I SHALL NEVER BE MOVED! I SHALL NEVER BE MOVED! I SHALL NEVER BE MOVED!" 

Let your testimony right now be that you STOOD and that you TRUSTED. That you laid down your pride and ego once and for all and that the end of your story be told that YOU WILL NEVER BE MOVED. That you chose to TRUST. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good word Amy!

The easiest time to quit is right before the victory. Imagine yourself as the commander of legions of men and you are in charge of breeching and conquering a large castle. It is the point when the ladders have been raised and the ram is about to bust through the door that your losses are the heaviest. Do you look at the battlefield and see all the injured and dead or do you keep the vision and the purpose alive. There have been many times in my life when I have reached this point and turned to some sort of wordly comfort to salve my wounds. Because of these actions I have had to pick up the mess of an "almost victory". How often have I blamed God for this mess? The reality is that I just stopped believing at the most critical point, and walked away from God's protection.
Its not time to call for a retreat and mourn about the losses. We must press forward - to victory - and justify all that was given for a worthy cause.

Thanks Amy - Just thought I would share my thoughts.
Joel Simpson

Amy J. McCart said...

Amen Joel! That's good stuff! You worded it so awesome! I could see everything you said.... and so very true. Thank you so much for sharing!!

Social Sharing