Thursday, September 9, 2010

#65 - The Clock is Ticking

Buenos dias! It's a great day! I almost needed a jacket on while sitting out on the porch! I was out here a bit earlier than normal.... I postponed one thing I do before I write this because Tyler Jr has his MyGym class this morning! It will be early rising for him.... but then, he will probably take a good nap this afternoon... so that is great! Ok... let's roll!


Today's Reading Schedule: Proverbs 31:10-31 Proverbs 9, Psalms 9, 39, 69, 99, 129
Proverbs 31:20 - She opens her hand to the poor, yes, she reaches out her filled hands to the needy [whether in body, mind, or spirit].
Psalms 39:4 - Lord, make me to know my end and [to appreciate] the measure of my days--what it is; let me know and realize how frail I am [how transient is my stay here].
Psalms 69:32 - The humble shall see it and be glad; you who seek God, inquiring for and requiring Him [as your first need], let your hearts revive and live.
Psalms 99:5 - Extol the Lord our God and worship at His footstool! Holy is He!
This morning I was reminded.... though I knew I was on a time schedule, after I read the chapters for today I almost just jumped right into writing what I felt led to write. Then, I was reminded. Reminded to just take some time and listen and journal what I the Lord was telling me. He really summed it all up. His desires. His wishes. His wants for His children. So... check out HIS words to me. I believe they are for you too. 
The clock is indeed ticking. Though the 30 year old may have a long life yet to live, there is urgency on their obedience. The man or woman living in the world needs to know about me. Each day in disobedience adds to those who will die & spend an eternity in hell. Yes. I want My children to hunger for & crave after Me. My desire is for our fellowship to be long & sweet. Daily, constant. All the day long. Like you were spending the day with your best friend. Sometimes you talk. Sometimes you laugh. Sometimes you just sit in their presence. My desire is that My precious children would long for Me. Their time would reflect that I am more important than the TV or internet. Prove to Me, My Child, that I am #1. 
Well... what more needs to be said after that? He just summed up the 4 verses above to perfection. And do you notice how much shorter HIS "devotion" is than what mine usually is?! Wow! He is good! 


The clock is ticking. Though, my belief on my life (according to scripture) is that I will have a LONG life! I believe that is a promise we have as believers. Time is still ticking. The most important thing I can do every day is be obedient to my calling. My lack of obedience may not put me in the right place, developing the right relationships, meeting the right people, being the right example for the lost  who NEED to meet Jesus. My obedience is all part of His plan! 


I realize that the more obedient I am, the more time I will desire to spend in the Word. And... vice versa. The more time I spend in the Word, the more obedient I will be. It is as if I am drowning out the urge or craving for sin. Since I am filling myself up with Good, the bad does not have room to stay. The temptation for sin is diluted until it is gone completely. 


Take some time to meditate on the verses above. For me, I am meditating on especially Psalms 69:32. It is my desire to get more in that place... where I am "requiring Him as my first need". With all that I am, I REQUIRE my time with Him! I REQUIRE a Word from Him. Where upon my waking, my passion is drawn into my time with my God. Where my passion for my relationship with Him urges me on. Draws me in.  


An army. An army of passionate people worshipping the Lord. Eyes lifted up, praising the Father. It starts with Me. It starts with You. The clock is ticking. People are lost. Let's be obedient to our calling. 

No comments:

Social Sharing