Wednesday, September 22, 2010

#74 - ROLL YOURSELF on the LORD!

Buenos dias! A quick shout out to the Canadians out there! :) And... how exciting, New Zealand. Sad to say, I'm going to have to look at a map to see where New Zealand is.... I guess that tells you how much I paid attention in Geometry class. LOL! Just kidding... I know it's Geology! j/k - Geography class? :-) You know the class where you study where places are! HA! Praise the Lord that you don't have to be good at everything! That God gives us specific things we're passionate about and those specific things do not encompass everything! PTL! I'll stick with my boys (both of them! because who knows Tyler Sr is as much of a boy sometimes as Tyler Jr!), my God, writing, our business, athletics.... and we'll throw in some craft things now and again! 


Ok... well, we have MyGym in a little bit, so we are going to ROLL today! :) I'm excited to see what the Lord has to say. :) 


Scripture for Today: Proverbs 22, Psalms 22, 52, 82, 112, 142, Proverbs 31:10-31

Psalms 22:8-9 - He trusted and rolled himself on the Lord, that He would deliver him. Let Him deliver him, seeing that He delights in him! Yet You are He Who took me out of the womb; You made me hope and trust when I was on my mother's breasts.
Psalm 52:7-8 - See, this is the man who made not God his strength (his stronghold and high tower) but trusted in and confidently relied on the abundance of his riches, seeking refuge and security for himself through his wickedness. But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in and confidently rely on the loving-kindness and the mercy of God forever and ever. 
Psalm 112:4 - Light arises in the darkness for the upright, gracious, compassionate, and just [who are in right standing with God].
Psalm 142:7 - Bring my life out of prison, that I may confess, praise, and give thanks to Your name; the righteous will surround me and crown themselves because of me, for You will deal bountifully with me.
Proverbs 31:18b - ... her lamp goes not out, but it burns on continually through the night [of trouble, privation, or sorrow, warning away fear, doubt, and distrust].
Lord, we just thank You for revealing to us in your Word what You would have us to see. Thank You that YOU bring light in Your Word. Thank You that YOU bring forth revelation. Thank You that YOU speak to us, Your children. Thank You Lord that we can count on You EVERY DAY, EVERY MOMENT, in every hour to direct us, to guide us in our circumstances. Thank You that YOU set us up to be the head and not the tail, above and not beneath. Thank You that YOU GIVE LIGHT! We receive Your LIGHT. We receive You shedding Your light in the areas that we need light in. Thank You Lord, in Jesus Name, Amen! 


Maybe YOU are living in a time of darkness... in a time of what may be a 'prison' time in your life... a time when you feel like you are living in the pit. You think, "When is it going to get better? When will there be light? When Lord? When? My very life feels like I am living in prison, every day is miserable. This situation, miserable. My job. This relationship. My marriage. Lord, I feel like I'm living in a PRISON! BRING ME OUT!"


Trust is a partner with Faith. Sometimes you can not see trust, reason in it, or know why you are doing it. Sometimes you just need to trust. When things seem bad, sometimes the only thing to do is to trust. To rely confidently on the Lord. To put your trust FULLY in Him. Here's a novel concept, to NOT RELY ON YOURSELF or YOUR OWN REASONING, but to simply just TRUST that the Lord is leading, guiding and directing your path. TO TRUST that HE will see you through. When you do not see anything else, any other way, ROLL YOURSELF ON THE LORD! Like it says in 1 Peter 5:7, "Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully."


To trust your situation to the Lord. TO GIVE it to Him, and then LEAVE IT THERE! To leave the care, the situation, the relationship at HIS FEET. To FULLY TRUST it in HIS Hands. 


Once you have LEFT YOUR CARE at the feet of Jesus. TRUST that HE will handle the situation. TRUST that HE will remedy the situation. TRUST that HE will do what needs to be done to bring LIGHT. TRUST. TRUST. TRUST. Rest easy. Rest light that IT IS DONE! And MOVE forward focusing on HIM. Move forward growing in Him. Move forward in learning to lean on Him more, to listen to His voice more, to be guided more each day. Move forward with your focus on HIM versus on your CARE, on the BURDEN, on the FRUSTRATION, on the WORRY, being "UNDER" the circumstances! FOCUS ON HIM and HE will "TAKE YOUR CARE." Focus on knowing HIM more. Loving Him more. Serving Him. Growing in Him. Allow Him to help you live above your circumstances. 


ROLL YOURSELF ON THE LORD! Roll your shortcomings, your weaknesses, roll all the areas that you beat yourself up because of your "lacks" or "inabilities". Roll YOURSELF on the Lord and TRUST HIM. 



1 comment:

Renee Watroba said...

I just want to let you know Amy, that God spoke to me today through your blog and it made me cry.. I was just telling my best friend that I feel like I have been in a prison for 5 years.. and here you go.. telling me what to do.. I love you Amy and GOD IS GOOD!

Social Sharing