Monday, September 27, 2010

#76 - We Serve an "I DO" God

Blessings to you this morning. It is raining here in Columbia, SC. But, something about the rain just makes you feel at peace. Something about the rain is relaxing. Whether it be a "nap" day or "project" day... it makes you just want to do things out of the norm. Do you feel like that sometimes? As for me.... I started a FUN new project Saturday night. Daddy was out of town "helping the people" in Orlando, I put the boy to bed and I began. Began painting the room that is OFFICIALLY now Tyler Jr's play room. So much for a sitting room. It is now official. It is HIS ROOM! I painted yellow. 2 walls are yellow, then one wall is going to be red, one wall blue.... on the solid yellow wall I'm going to tape off and paint squares all over. Red, green & blue squares... in different sizes, different places.... no real order or symmetry... just something that looks neat! I have a friend, Amy.... she and her husband Curt are MASTERS at painting rooms to make them look EXTREMELY COOL! So... there it is... the inspiration! :) 


Well, let's start today... remember, if you want to follow along each day during your time in the Word, there is a "Bible Reading Schedule" tab that you can track with me! :)
Proverbs 27:23 - Be diligent to know the state of your flocks, and look well to your herds.
Psalm 27:14 - Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord. 
Psalm 57:2 - I will cry to God Most High, Who performs on my behalf and rewards me [Who brings to pass His purposes for me and surely completes them]!  
Psalm 147:10-11 - He delights not in the strength of the horse, nor does He take pleasure in the legs of a man. The Lord takes pleasure in those who reverently and worshipfully fear Him, in those who hope in His mercy and loving-kindness.
Proverbs 31:13 - She seeks out wool and flax and works with willing hands [to develop it]. 
In a nutshell.... know where your finances are, be diligent. Have faith in a God who will bring to pass His PURPOSE for you, He will COMPLETE it... HE will DO IT. Worship Him. Have faith in HIM over your mere 'works'. And be willing to DO. Be willing to WORK, develop whatever He has called you to do. 

Do you ever have things that come up... you knew in the back of your mind that they were coming... but it came and now took you a little by surprise. You now think... "OK... it's game time." You think, "It's time to put the pedal to the metal. It's time to get busy. It's time to do. It's time to really apply my faith." 

Well, I was reminded of that this morning. Praise the Lord that the WORD has it's way of helping us stay grounded. That the WORD reminds us what the Lord delights in, what HE takes pleasure in and it's not strength in our own abilities. It's not strength in what WE can do on our own, but it's the continual reverent worship & respect for the Lord. A respect. A humility. Humbling ourselves and reminding the God Almighty that we serve, "Yes God, YOU are MY ALL and ALL! YOU are THE ONLY One that I trust, serve and worship. My reliance is fully on You and You alone. Not my own strength, not my own ability, but Lord it is YOU!" That we get in a position, prostrate before the Lord. That we get in a position that says, "You are number one. I worship You. I honor You. I bow before You. I put my trust in You." Honestly, it has been a long time since I have done that. Just gotten on my knees, bowed my face to the ground and reminded God that it is HIM that I worship, it is HIM that I adore. 

Expect the Lord. Have a heart that is STOUT and ENDURING. "Lord, today may my heart be STOUT and ENDURING. Lord, TODAY, I am expecting you to __________________________. I thank You that YOU perform on my behalf! That YOU bring to pass YOUR PURPOSE for ME! That YOU help me live out my calling and that YOU COMPLETE IT! I rely NOT upon myself, but I rely FULLY on YOU! I cast my CALLING on YOU! I cast my talents on you. I cast my gifts on you, I cast ALL my cares upon you. I cast my future on you. I cast my desire to help people on you! And I THANK YOU that in YOUR WORD it says that YOU will complete it! That YOU will complete MY purpose for you. YOU WILL BRING IT TO COMPLETION and I do not have to try to figure it out! Thank You Father!"

This is what HE had to say....
"My desire is to be above everything else. To my children, my desire is to be their #1. When they thank and love me, when they bless me and respect me, it honors me. My desire is to want to do more when they have a thankful heart. When they express their love and gratitude. Bless me with your praise. But praise me not out of your need. Praise me out of your heart, out of your love. All is well. I am not a silent God to those who seek Me, to those I have a relationship with. I am the God that answers. That carries on a conversation. Sure, sometimes you don't need to know the 'how', just have faith that it is done. Have faith in Me, in MY ability to DO. Expect. Have faith. Do not waver, that is wasting your time and energy when your time and energy could be spent on completing your purpose for today. Do not worry. Do not fear. KNOW that I am an "I DO" God. I DO what needs to be done in YOUR life when you faithfully expect it. I DO IT. Have comfort. Take peace. Rest in the fact that it is DONE." 
Take this as YOUR WORD. Praise the LORD that we serve an I DO God! Now... I am going to spend some time and get before MY GOD and love Him! Serve Him and Worship Him. I'm going to get on my face and remind Him that HE is my first love. 

No comments:

Social Sharing