Friday, September 10, 2010

#66 - The SOLID ROCK will PULL YOU OUT!

Good morning! Wow! It's been a full morning. I have been given a daily assignment to do in the morning. It has been quite fulfilling. So great to see growth, progress, but more importantly, obedience. What a good feeling to be obedient to what the Lord has instructed me to do! What was the last thing He told you to do? Are you doing it? I've went many a times procrastinating on what He has directed, and postponing.... but now that I'm in the middle of it, nothing feels better than daily obedience! :)


Today's Reading Schedule: Proverbs 10, Psalms 10, 40, 70, 100, 130, Proverbs 31:10-31
Psalms 130:3-4 - If You, Lord, should keep account of and treat [us according to our] sins, O Lord, who could stand4But there is forgiveness with You [just what man needs], that You may be reverently feared and worshiped.  
Psalms 40:1-3a - I WAITED patiently and expectantly for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry. 2He drew me up out of a horrible pit [a pit of tumult and of destruction], out of the miry clay (froth and slime), and set my feet upon a rock, steadying my steps and establishing my goings. 3And He has put a new song in my mouth...
Proverbs 10:25 - When the whirlwind passes, the wicked are no more, but the [uncompromisingly] righteous have an everlasting foundation.

Psalms 100:5b - ...His faithfulness and truth endure to all generations. 

Proverbs 31:30 (NLT) - Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.
What was the reoccurring theme here? What's the story? Because I think it definitely tells a story. 


This is the story... a story of forgiveness and grace. A story of help. Pulling you up when you feel like you are drowning. Throwing you a life-vest when you are just about to sink. Raising you up. It is a story of love, mercy, acceptance, belonging. 


Despite where we are as a Christian, we still may have those days where we mess up. We feel like a failure and a flop. We begin beating ourselves up over messing up again! We feel ashamed and disappointed. And... sometimes our own disappointment can be the worst disappointment of all because we are not easy on ourselves. 


Maybe life is just the day to day for you. Maybe right now, everything about life seems unfulfilling. Seems like you have just failed and failed, or you've started on this path and you don't feel even close to your end destination. You feel destitute, lost, sad, disappointed. Is there any use continuing on in this direction when nothing seems to be happening? 


Friend, let me tell you, you are not alone! You have company that is just waiting to help. You have the company of ALL company who wants to see you be the greatest success ever! Company that has plans for you beyond what you could EVER think or imagine! He has plans for you that He wants to unveil and reveal, He wants you to walk down the path towards the greatness He has in store! 


In this story, what I hear is, Do NOT give up! You may be experiencing life in what has seemed like a pit, but things are changing! Here is my 'revision' for one of the verses above.... 
"Friend, you may have sinned or just began to grow weary. You may be tired, frustrated and discouraged. But, ALL you have to do is GRAB MY HAND! I am PULLING YOU OUT! You have waited. You have been expectant for my help. Emmerse yourself in MY WORD. Ground yourself in ME. Plant yourself firmly in MY PLAN, and let me tell you!!! I AM putting a new song in you! An excitement about life and your purpose that you have NEVER experienced! You will want to shout! People will ask you, 'Why do you always smile? Why are you so happy?' You will just laugh and smile and respond, 'Because My God is SOOOO good to me!' Prepare yourself! The new SONG is here! Continue to GROUND yourself in ME, and we will do great things together! SING YOUR SONG! SHOUT TO JOY! Expect your VICTORY! WE HAVE WON!"
Also, the old hymn enters my mind that just makes me feel happy, "On Christ the SOLID ROCK I stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand!"


SIN - DEFEAT - DISCOURAGEMENT
 JESUS - FIRMLY PLANTED - SOLID ROCK
FORGIVENESS - VICTORY - HOPE - NEWNESS! 


Today... PLANT YOURSELF ON THE ROCK. Plant yourself so firmly that you WILL NOT be moved! Refuse to let Satan get you down and defeated. Refuse to give in to him. His tactics are to wear you down. To make you feel like you are a failure and a loser. But GOD'S plan is DIFFERENT! For one, YOU ARE FORGIVEN! Anything you have done in your past, even today, it's as easy as ASKING for forgiveness and it is done! Your slate is wiped clean and you are as white as Billy Graham. You are forgive. Walk in VICTORY today! Rejoice in Victory today! RECEIVE God's plan and purpose for your life! AND DAILY, get more and more firmly planted as you spend time in the Word and talking with Your Father! 


ON CHRIST THE SOLID ROCK I STAND, ALL OTHER GROUND IS SINKING SAND, ALL OTHER GROUND IS SINKING SAND!





PRAISE THE LORD! I'M STANDING ON A SOLID ROCK AND IT FEELS GOOD!!!


XOXO! Be blessed today! :)

No comments:

Social Sharing