Tuesday, November 9, 2010

#99 - Praise Him with your WHOLE Heart!

Good morning! :) So excited... going to order Tyler Jr's 1 year old pictures in a little bit. He got them taken yesterday. They were so cute! I will definitely share when I get them because I will have the CD of all the pictures! :-) They were cute. He was a bit exhausting when I was trying to pick them out because he was ALL over the place, but we had a good time nonetheless. 


Let's get started today! :) 
Psalms 9:1 - I WILL praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will show forth (recount and tell aloud) all Your marvelous works and wonderful deeds!
Psalm 99:3,7 - Let them confess and praise Your great name, awesome and reverence inspiring! It is holy, and holy is He! He spoke to them in the pillar of cloud; they kept His testimonies and the statutes that He gave them. 
This morning as I was writing my book (51,500+ words! Whoop!), I was reminded of how good God is! I'm finally in part of the book that is the "fun part".... the part where the "dream" is becoming a reality. The achievement of the desire is coming to pass, and isn't that what we all desire? Those dreams, wishes, wants to come to pass, to be a reality. Well, as I'm re-telling the story of the journey of Tyler & I meeting, courting & obviously eventually getting married, I'm reminded of all the amazing things God did during that time. How He used people in instrumental ways. Just looking back and remembering the feelings I felt, and how at times I was completely on Cloud 9. It reminds me of how easy it is to forget all the awesome things God does and continues to do in our lives. When we are actually living "in the moment", it is often hard to see the "how" of His hand moving, or the "why". Why are things happening the way they are? Why are things taking so long to come to fruition? God what is taking You so long? Have you ever thought that? Or asked those questions? I know I have. 


Well... this morning, reading in Psalms reminded me of how pleasant it is to praise the Lord with my whole heart! Honestly, sometimes I forget to do that. To recount and verbally thank the Lord for all the marvelous things He has done in my life. To recount and retell of the good things God has done in my life! Even retelling the testimony of what God has done in my life. Taking me in a point of my life where I was in despair, where I was crying out to the Lord, where my heart was hurting and longing for a long-time desire to come to pass. And then, in God's amazing way, that long-time desire came to full fruition.... maybe not in the timing that I had expected or wanted, but this dream and desire being fulfilled. Praise the Lord! 


It's good to remember the good things God has done. It's good to remember about WHERE He has brought you from. How far you have come. What He has done! It's kind of like, when you are in life the phrase, "it's hard to see the forest between the trees." When we are living life, it's hard to see the many blessings God has done because we are in the midst of "living", accomplishing & being. 


Today.... I would encourage you.... reflect on the goodness of God. Verbally outloud, recount the good things. Thank Him for what He has done! Maybe it's your marriage, your children, your house, vehicle, health, supplying your needs or wants in a certain area. Thank Him! If you are driving down the road, I encourage you to turn on the radio, turn off the CD, and just spend some time PRAISING GOD with your WHOLE HEART! Tell Him of how good He is! Tell Him of how much you love him! Remind him, recount what He has done, the VICTORIES He has brought you to. I guarantee, it will bless HIM and it will bless YOU! 


I'm getting ready to go do that right now! I'm going to pick up the CD from the boys pictures and spend some time just blessing the Lord! Praising Him for all the good things HE has done! Have I arrived yet? Have I accomplished all that I want? Am I where I thought I would be at this point in my life? The answer is, No. But, I am on my way, and I have to believe that God has a greater plan in my journey. That just like the victories that I have experienced, and looking back on the sweetness of them, I will also look back on the areas I am pursuing now... and when the victory is there, I will see the goodness of God's plan. In the mean time, I'm just going to bless Him with my thankfulness. I'm going to praise Him with my whole heart! I love Him so much and He is so good to me!


Bless you! Have a blessed day! :)

No comments:

Social Sharing