Wednesday, October 13, 2010

#84 - Faith in your Favor

GOOD MORNING! HELLO! It IS an awesome day! Just wait... after you read today's Word, it's going to be a GREAT day for you too!!! If you take it and apply it, IT WILL be a GREAT DAY! Man, I'm excited!!
Proverbs 13:21 (NIV) - Misfortune pursues the sinner, but prosperity is the reward of the righteous.
Psalm 43:5 - Why are you cast down, O my inner self? ... Hope in God and wait expectantly for Him ...
Psalm 103:5 - Who satisfies your mouth [your necessity and desire at your personal age and situation] with good so that your youth, renewed, is like the eagle's [strong, overcoming, soaring]!
Proverbs 31:17 - She girds herself with strength [spiritual, mental, and physical fitness for her God-given task] and makes her arms strong and firm. 
OK! Are you ready? Let's just say, TWO WORDS: BRAIN SURGERY! Yes. Brain surgery is getting ready to happen!! I can't hardly type fast enough I am so excited!! I'm excited to see how the Holy Spirit brings it all together too because it's such good information! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!


Faith. Expectation. Positive Mental Attitude (PMA) versus a Happy Mental Attitude (HMA).
"Every man is what he is because of the dominating thought which HE permits to occupy his mind." -Napoleon Hill. 


I once heard a minister talking about having a Positive Mental Attitude. He also mentioned that there is a sharp difference between having a PMA and a HAPPY Mental Attitude. A "HAPPY" Mental Attitude doesn't necessarily mean that you are "Positive". There is a difference and ONE is DISTINCTLY different and better than the other. Can you guess what it is? If you guess PMA, you are right! A PMA. A Positive Mental Attitude. Tyler and I have owned our own business for the last 8 years. We have done well, replaced my income, allowing me to resign from Corporate America, and are on track to replace Tyler's income as well... giving him what? Options. The OPTION to work outside the home. Options are good. Especially in this economy, right. Well, along with owning a business when you are in a leadership position.... for you, whether that be at work, management, coaching, leading your family, sales, church, talking to a family member, whatever... when you are in leadership your attitude is of utmost importance. Tyler and I both would always put on our "HAPPY" face around business associates. Which that is great... but there has definitely been a revelation.... HAPPY is different than POSITIVE! Whether I was at my job working or at a business meeting, many of those times, my outward smile and bubbly personality was really just a mask. Here were some of my frequent thoughts, see if you can relate, "Things aren't going my way. Growth isn't happening the way I want it too. I don't want to be here. Just another day. Arghhh. I don't feel like going to work today. I don't feel like answering all these emails. Arghh, all these voicemails, I have to answer them. I have to call these people back. AHH! Oh great, another banker with another problem. Awesome! (sarcasm!) I really don't feel like answering all these emails. I really should call __________. I need to do ____________. I just don't have time." *big sigh.... blowing breath out*


Have thoughts like that ever went through your mind?? All the while, you are putting on that "HAPPY FACE" and inside it's like everything is falling apart or everything is terrible. Nothing is good. Nothing is good. You just want to pull the covers up over your head and run away from life and responsibility. Well.... let me tell you, I have been there!


"Bad luck", "misfortune", like it says in Proverbs 13, pursues the sinner. And do you know who it also often pursues? The person whose life lives and dwells in the repetition of negative thoughts. Bad things happen to those who EXPECT bad things to happen. 


You may say, "But Amy, I just can't help but be negative. I just feel like my life is terrible right now. Nothing is going right. Everything in my life right now just seems to be bad. I feel like I'm so far in the pit, it's just easier to cross my legs than to get out of the impossible. I don't have the energy to try and climb out." Friend, sister, brother, I have news for you..... YOU WILL RECEIVE SOME GREAT ASSISTANCE TODAY!!!! 


Psalm 43:5 asks the very question to YOU, "Why are you cast down?" It goes on to say, "HOPE in GOD, wait EXPECTANTLY!" FRIEND, WAIT EXPECTANTLY!!!! And while you are waiting start SPEAKING to your situation!!! Friend, START SPEAKING TO IT! Not in your mind, not thinking it, but speak it OUT LOUD! How does FAITH come? Tell me? Say it out loud right now!! How does FAITH COME? YES! You are right!!! Faith comes through HEARING!!!!! If your outer ear is going to HEAR, you need to SPEAK! You need to speak! You speaking is the beginning of changing your subconscious mind. It's the beginning of retraining your MIND to not just be walking around in the attitude of a HMA, but actually truly having a PMA! Brother or Sister.... take Joseph for example.... I know I have gone back to Joseph several times before.... but for real! Take JOSEPH... you all know his story. Dad gives him a coat of many colors, brothers hate him because he's the favorite, brothers conspire to kill him, throw him in a pit, then sell him - yes - SELL their OWN brother as a slave, tell dad that he's been killed.... Joseph then goes off elevated in Potiphar's house, wrongfully accused by Potiphars wife that he tried to make a pass at her or rape her, thrown in jail, remains for 2 years there... and then finally gets elevated out of jail to the right hand, 2nd in charge to Pharaoh. Pharaoh! Pharaoh, basically the KING or PRESIDENT of the nation. The one with ALL the power. And Pharaoh give JOSEPH COMPLETE POWER! 


Now... you tell me, did Joseph have the opportunity to be negative? To have a "NEGATIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE?" ABSOLUTELY! And never in scripture does it say that he even complained about it! 


Stick with me just a little bit longer.... this is what the Holy Spirit told me on the subject...
So many people do think they are good and positive. Yes they act happy on the outside. When people smile, they smile and laugh back, but they are all the while expecting the worst. They let their minds RACE on all the bad things that COULD go wrong. This meeting or that person. Yes even selfishness. So many of MY children don't EXPECT favor, so there in that place, they GET WHAT THEY EXPECT. My children are weak and depressed. True FAITH is positive. True FAITH is  NOT frustrated, or stressed. Stress is an opposite of faith. People are missing MY blessing because they are NOT in faith. How do you get in faith? Yes you DWELL ON IT. You dwell on the positive. You SPEAK the positive possibilities for what seems like a bd situation. List out, OUTLOUD all of the good outcomes. Write your OWN ending. Yes because like Joseph, even in what seemed like bad situations, he had a good attitude. I worked in FAVOR on his behalf. He was ELEVATED to the 2nd highest place of authority & saved the lives of NATIONS! Faith & Favor.
SO, don't be misled. Don't fake yourself out. Don't think you have this "Great" PMA when all the while, all it is, is an HMA. Catch yourself! Catch what you are thinking about! BE PROACTIVE to DWELL on good things. THINK ON THESE things it says in Phil. 4:8. Dwell on the good, the positive, the FAVOR! What are you thinking about. Are you dwelling on the positive or are you dwelling on the negative. Do you allow your mind to dwell and search for the solutions and all the GOOD things that could come out of "THIS" very situation?? A bad employee at work, a bad report.... do you then allow your mind to DWELL there? Dwell on the bad news? CATCH YOURSELF! Choose to FORCE your mind to go down the positive road. Speak all the GOOD things that could come out of the situation. You got this bad report just so that you would be in this certain place because you were suppose to meet the next person who is going to change your life! And, the bad report will then just go away... it was an error. It's really a good report. FIND A WAY to dwell on the positive. And if you're so far in the pit that it seems really hard to do that, FORCE YOURSELF to speak OUT LOUD all the GREAT things that could happen. SPEAK the outcome you want. 


You are then on your way to truly walking in faith! Faith, when you expect the outcome to be in your favor. Faith, calling things that are not as though they were. Call your situation how you want it to be! That is Faith. 

1 comment:

jburton said...

Again!!! Your word through the Holy Spirit has touched my spirit and I WILL THINK AND SAY OUTLOUD POSITIVE THINGS!

Social Sharing