Tuesday, October 19, 2010

#87 - Revelation Comes from Meditation

Good morning. Well... this morning I am sitting inside... in my living room, my lamp on and fireplace going. Wow. It is getting fall out. I guess if I'm going to have many more mornings on my back porch, I need to wake up and dress warmly. It's chilly out there, but I could handle it. Chilly.... what's chilly here in October?? Well, it's 70 degrees right now. When I woke up, on the porch, it was probably closer to 60-65. It probably felt a bit more chilly because it's in the shade. 
Anyways, I'm enjoying my morning regardless. :) A good morning with some great revelations. Let's get started. 
Psalm 19:7a, 14 - The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the [whole] person... Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my [firm, impenetrable] Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 49:3 - My mouth shall speak wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be understanding. 
Proverbs 31:26 - She opens her mouth in skillful and godly Wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness [giving counsel and instruction]. 
Meditation. We are not in a race to read. To see how much we can read, how much content, how many chapters in the Bible, how many books, how many devotions. But if we were in a race, the race would be one to receive revelation. Lack of revelations comes from a lack of meditation. What is meditation? The dictionary coins it as continued or extended thought; reflection; contemplation. When we are meditating on the Word, we take the Word and continue to read it over and over. It may be just one scripture. One phrase. One word. Maybe we read it in other versions of the Bible to gain more clarity or insight. Why would we want to meditate? "Amy, it seems like I'm sitting there wasting time. Doing nothing." 


Meditation leads to revelation. Do you need a breakthrough in your life? Is there a problem that needs solved? Have you had an ongoing injury that you would like to avoid or cure? Meditation leads to revelation. 


I was listening to a preacher on Friday night and he said something rather thought provoking. He said, "Is there a problem? Pray for what the seed is. What was the seed of the problem? Where did it begin?" As I thought on that, I starred, highlighted it, circled it in my notebook... and I began to meditate on it. Let it mull over in my brain... in my mind. I kept coming back to it. He put into words what I felt like the Holy Spirit had told me during the last 2 months. As I continue to meditate on it, it just continues to get more and more exciting! The revelation is continuing to get greater and greater. More real. Touchable. Solid. Concrete. Not just an abstract thought.... but I'm almost to the point where I fully have my hands wrapped around this. More meditation will reveal fuller revelation. 


Let me expound. I recently had some challenges with my left hip. My "I.T.Band" to be exact. I remember the injury from college because I spent many a days after practice in the training room icing it. So... this seemed like something easy I could ask the Holy Spirit about. "What's up with my hip? Why did I get hurt? What happened? What could I do differently to avoid it?" 


Like ABC's to a 6th grader, he told me something that seemed so ridiculously obvious! I felt almost a bit silly that I could be so ignorant. He said, "Amy, you ran intervals the other day. Yes, though it may have only been '4' 30 second intervals, nonetheless you ran them, and you ran them hard. You're not totally normal Amy, because you go hard when you run your intervals, like you are still in college or something. You can't just do that without a proper warm-up and proper stretching. That day you were in a hurry. You basically did it cold, and you didn't stretch properly afterwards. If you want to not get injured in the future, when you know you are going to go hard like you do, you need to do a proper warm-up, stretch, then your workout, then a proper stretching after."


So... I quickly found the root to my problem. And guess what? It wasn't the devil. The injury wasn't something where "Ohhh... I rebuke you Satan." No. Sure there is a time and place for that, and there are times where he is the 'havoc' worker. But this time, it was ALL AMY! I knew better. 


In Joshua 6, Joshua is wanting to defeat Jericho and their large army. As he continues to seek out God, he receives the battle plan. And one, if you remember that seems a bit ridiculous from a "War Strategy" standpoint. It seems absurd actually! God tells him to get all his army and for 6 days march around the city one time each day. On the 7th day, march around the city 7 times and then SHOUT! Joshua did it, it worked, the walls of Jericho fell and Joshua and his army experienced victory without even swinging a sword. Wow! 


You need a word from the Lord? Seek. It's your job to seek, to meditate. To stay on the topic, to keep pressing in to God until you have received your answer. He will give it. I have personally been avoiding God about a specific topic. I've thought, "Oh... this is a big one. I don't know if I'm ready to really press in to him on this topic." It takes effort. It takes commitment to press in, to listen, to pursue. So, I am going to begin my pursuit. My answer will come. He has already told me it would, I just need to pursue and meditate on His Word. My answer will come. And... who knows... the solution may come from what seems a ridiculous answer... "Walk around the kitchen 7 times. Shout. Then bang your pots and pans!" We'll see!! I'm excited to listen, I'm excited to obey and I'm excited to receive MY VICTORY! What about you? 





No comments:

Social Sharing