Friday, March 18, 2011

#155 - CARE LESS!

Good morning! I have done one great "chore" this morning, GO ME! I took out the recycling. :) Isn't that great! :) We were a little overflowing since last week we forgot. Anyways... I'm sure you are super happy to know about the mundane things that happen here in the McCart house... things that I'm sure happen at your house too! It is a BEAUTIFUL day though, so it was nice to take an early morning visit to the outdoor world. I smiled because I noticed that our first daffodil has bloomed. Not to be confused with dandelion, because I have seen a few of them in bloom too. TJ enjoys picking them... I think he may have even tried to eat a few. Does a mother's duty ever stop? "No, don't eat that! Don't put that in your mouth!" Arghhh. :) I won't wish the time away, I'm sure he'll stop putting everything in his mouth soon enough! Ha!

OK... let's get started! There may have been trickles of this in some other devotions, but this morning I feel led to talk about it front on! So, let's go!
1 Peter 5:7 - Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.
What a GREAT verse, and so critical to DAILY Christian living! I explicitly remember when I really caught the meaning of this verse, its fullness. Tyler and I were watching a minister that we really enjoy, streaming on our laptop. He always makes us laugh! Well, in this particular message he was talking about what could be some of the "stresses" of ministry. #1 being, paying the bills. He recalled a story about a bill the ministry had received. This wasn't just a light bill for a few hundred dollars, this was a Television bill in the tune of a few MILLION DOLLAR$! Yes! A few million! The bill was coming due soon, and the money was not there to pay it. The minister said, "I cast this care on you Lord! I could care less about this! I'm not going to care because you tell me to cast that care on YOU! I cast it on you! I could CARE LESS!" To take the situation further, since he was led to have a TV ministry by the Lord, he held up the bill and looked up to heaven and said, "JESUS! YOU'VE GOT MAIL!!!" LOL! Now, if you could just hear this minister, he is a hoot! He took 1 Peter 5:7 literally, and now so do I!

Often, in our home now if we have a situation that could cause stress, we just cast it on the Lord and just to spite the devil, we say, "I COULD CARE LESS!" This minister also said that "carrying a care" or "keeping a care" is a form of pride. Pride. When we hold on to that care... let's say it is a bill, or health, or a relationship.... when we hold onto that situation INSTEAD of casting it on the Lord, it is a form of pride. It is like we are saying, "I can handle this on my own, I DO NOT need the Lord's help."

Tyler and I just decided, we were not going to "CARE" anymore! We were going to CAST ALL of our cares, like what the amplified says, the WHOLE of our care, our concerns, worries, anxieties ONCE AND FOR ALL on the Lord, for He cares for US! He doesn't want us to carry burdens or worries. He doesn't want us to carry anxiety! Imagine the FREEDOM! After being so weighted down with carrying a burden, to FULLY cast it on the Lord and just yell, "I COULD CARE LESS!" It really is freeing! Throw your arms out, and cast that care on the Lord. You do it with your whole heart, and tell me you don't feel better! I would imagine you will feel a weight lifted of your shoulders and feel better than ever.  To finally just tell God, "YOU handle this." "YOU show me how to provide the income for this." "YOU give us a new vehicle." "YOU DO IT!"

What freedom! Now the thing is.... after something has been cast on the Lord, He may very well reveal to you how to solve the problem. Then it does take you, taking HIS plan and acting on it.

What freedom! Just this morning, the Holy Spirit was reminding me to NOT get into bondage feeling like I needed to be "teaching Tyler Jr this" or "teaching him that." Making sure we go to the park, or play outside. Etc, etc.... He reminded me that just Tyler Junior being HOME with his MAMA... being in the environment that I have created for him will be the largest factor in growing him up to be an amazing child and eventually man of God. Not whether he goes to the library at 16 months old, or zoo, or park every day. It is the environment I create at home. The Holy Spirit was reminding me, to cast that onto the Lord. I was starting to pick up that care a little bit.

SO, I COULD CARE LESS! I'm going to have a great day! It's going to be a Spirit led day, and it's going to be GREAT! :)

What about you? Do you need to CARE LESS too? Try it. I think you'll like it!



No comments:

Social Sharing