Thursday, March 3, 2011

#147 - PLANT THAT WORD!!!

Good morning! I must say.... my apologies about some inconsistencies as of lately with posts. I slammed my finger in the garage door and for about a day and a half couldn't even touch anything without being in pain.... so typing was out of the question. Please say a prayer for my finger though! COMPLETE HEALING & NO PAIN! It's still a bit tender, but praise God, BY JESUS STRIPES I AM HEALED!


Alright... go with me to Mark chapter 4. 
 Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow:
 And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up.
 And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth:
 But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.
 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit.
 And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred.
 14 The sower soweth the word.
 15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.
This parable I'm sure many of you are familiar with... it's a very popular one. I wanted to share an experience where this was real in my life.... just one of many stories I could tell. 


Tyler woke up one morning and told me, "Hey, the Holy Spirit told me that this morning we are going to lay hands on *Mark, and he's going to be healed." So... I was excited about that. Mark had been in the hospital and recovering, but was unable to walk. He was using a wheelchair or walker, or any assistance he could use, but could not walk on his own. Well, praise God, today was the day he would walk! 


We arrived at his house, sat down and Tyler asked him if he would like to be healed. Tears welled up in his eyes and he said "Yes." As Tyler went through some scripture, he firmly agreed with the Word. He was excited. He believed that the power of Jesus could still heal today! He stood up with the assistance of a walker and we laid hands on him and began to pray. We prayed. We thanked God. We put God in remembrance of His Word and we rejoiced! Mark received!!!  As we came to a close in the prayer, Mark stepped away from the walker. We made sure he was careful. But he said, I CAN WALK! He took a step forward without help, then took a step backwards without help. He was laughing and crying all at the same time. Then he took several steps forward and even jogged in place! He was so excited! He was jogging in place! He told us he wanted to go up the stairs, he hadn't been able to do that in months. Mark made his way to the stairs, and flawlessly made his way up, and then back down. He was shouting he was so excited! Tears streamed down his face. This was really happening. 


We all went back to the living room for Tyler & I to get ready to leave... I'm sure Tyler gave him some parting instructions, we rejoiced with him and then were on our way. 


Later we found out that Mark did not keep walking.... sure he walks today. It was like he relapsed into the same state he was in when we had first arrived. That brings me to the whole point of today's devotion. When you receive something new or a revelation from the Lord, it is CRUCIAL that you begin to FIRMLY PLANT that Word in your heart! It is crucial that you begin to meditate, ponder, and just pour in, pour in, pour in the Word! That you get that new revelation so PLANTED & GROUNDED that NOTHING or NO ONE can take it away from you. 


What happened with Mark? The WORD, in regards to healing, was not firmly planted in his heart. And we know what happens next when the word is planted... right? The THIEF IMMEDIATELY comes to STEAL the Word. In this case, when the thief came to steal the Word, he walked in and stole the word right from Mark with no fight. That is what Satan does! He comes to STEAL, KILL & DESTROY! 


I have had to really fight this recently. The idea of PLANTING FIRMLY new revelations that I have received from the Lord. I have WATCHED the enemy come and try to STEAL these truths right out from under my feet. BUT, I am FIGHTING! I am fighting to keep these truths and revelations that I received. But it takes a CONSTANT, SOLID, FIRM, CONSISTENT, STUBBORN effort to PLANT the Word. Continue to PLANT! PLANT! PLANT! Plant the Word so deep that the roots can not come up! Plant the Word so thoroughly that the truths are there for good! And NOTHING can shake your tree! Like the palm tree in a hurricane.... it may bend, but it doesn't break! God made it to withstand fierce winds and storms. God made US to withstand the enemy too! We have EVERYTHING we need to WIN! AND.... JESUS HAS ALREADY DEFEATED HIM! JESUS HAS ALREADY WON, so WE have already won! 


But... I encourage you.... get those truths, those revelations firmly planted. Don't let the enemy come and steal them from you, because THAT my friend is what he is going to try to do! Be ready! PLANT THAT WORD!!!




* Name Changed.

3 comments:

jburton said...

Thank you for this reminder! CONTINUE to PLANT THE WORD! God's word is essential to everyone. Read, Believe and PLANT (firmly Believe). I do appreciate your daily reminders and encouragement to my heart. Thanks.

Lenny & Angela Krebs said...

Outstanding devotion Amy! It was meant for me today. Thank u for taking time to shAre with me and for being obedient! Love you, ur Sis Ang

Unknown said...

that is so true. i have seen this happen to many people. there is this awesome revelation, then we hold on to it for a short while. then next thing you know we are back at square one because we did not continue to 'root' that revelation. this was truly a blessing to me! keep it coming amy..

Social Sharing