Monday, March 7, 2011

#149 - Life is lived better in the NOW!

GUEST POST: Thank you Tyler for the guest post! It is definitely awesome!!! :)

Here are other ways to get great stuff from Tyler.....
YouTube Channel for VLOG posts: Tyler H McCart You.Tube Channel
Tyler on Twitter: @TylerMcCart

___________________________

Hello everyone!! Just sitting here at Starbucks after I just finished interviewing someone for my business' expansion.

Amy and I had an interesting conversation over lunch today. It was sparked because I am helping a friend go thru a difficult situation in their life. This friend wants this situation to be over and to have complete victory in it. Well, it just seems that the situation is only getting worse and worse.

As i was sitting there with Amy at lunch, one of here favorite songs came on Pandora. It brought her back to laying on her bed at the age of 21 and wishing that God would open my eyes and see that she was suppose to me my wife. (BTW, Amy just finished her book about how we met and it will rock your world.) Obviously, I was in South Carolina and Amy was the last person on my mind. But I sure was on Amy's mind.

Well, as Amy was sharing this with me, it made me think of how much it related to my friend or really anybody wanting a situation to be resolved or a goal/dream to be met.

Here is the thought: When you want something to be resolved or a dream to come to pass in your life, we have the tendency to live in the future of when it will happen and while you are living in the future, you are miserable in your present, making you ineffective for anything that God needs for you to do. So here is the bottom line:

STOP LIVING IN YOUR FUTURE BECAUSE YOU WILL BE MISERABLE OR PARALYZED IN YOUR PRESENT!!

It is ok to have dreams/goals or desire a situation to be over, but you just can not live there, in that future place. I use to be there, in my future, all the time!! Misery!!!

This is WHY the LORD said:

1 Peter 5:7 (Amplified Bible)

7Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.

Amy was a classic example during that time she wanted God to wake me up. I gave Amy a scenerio of what would life have been like back then if an angel had came into her room that very moment and said, "Amy, why are you crying? Tyler will wake up on Dec. 23, 1999 and a year later you both will be married." Amy's response, "I would have probly looked forward to that day, but I would have not been so miserable."

Well, Amy had already been told by the Lord that I was the man she would marry, but the manifestation had not come. So, instead of just "Casting this whole care" (aka goal/dream or situation) on the Lord and leaving it alone. She sat on her bed miserable and begging God to change my heart. When God had already told her that it was going to happen and it was already DONE! All she had to do is literally put my on the shelf of her life and leave me there and go about her life and do the things God wanted her to do.

We all do this. We want that goal or situation to manifest in our life, so badly that we actually desire that more than the our relationship with God and doing what we were called to do. Therefore, by living in the future, you short circuit your relationship with God and you no longer are effective for the calling on your life.

Leave it with God and trust that He will bring the desired outcome to pass.

So please stop living in your future and start living in your present. Be fully present in your present. You and your Heavenly Father will have a much better relationship and you will enjoy your life more.

1 comment:

jburton said...

You are so right...live life NOW! Let God "worry" about the future. You all are an awesome couple. I thank God for knowing you.

Social Sharing