Monday, July 11, 2011

#203 - RAIN Your Words!

Good morning! Today I officially begin my 3rd trimester carrying Trinity! It's amazing the things you forget about being pregnant. Like, not needing an alarm clock to wake up! All is well. I call my sleep SWEET every night in Jesus Name. :) The Word promises it, so I'm going to receive it for myself.

OK.... let's get started. Maybe I can catch a quick nap before Junior gets up! (***yawn***)
Proverbs 11:25 - The liberal person shall be enriched, and he who waters shall himself be watered.
2 Cor. 9:6,8 - [Remember] this: he who sows sparingly and grudgingly will also reap sparingly and grudgingly, and he who sows generously [that blessings may come to someone] will also reap generously and with blessings. And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation].
Proverbs 31:16b - ... she plants fruitful vines in her vineyard.
I was reminded this morning of the question: "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" As I sat thinking about sowing and reaping, I began to just ask questions of the Holy Spirit with a desire to receive some direction, some insight. I was brought back to the beginning. What really came first? If we think back all the way to the beginning of time, WHAT really came first? It all started with THREE words. What three words? "And God said." The WORD came before SEED. I've went over in my head the physical aspects of sowing & reaping, but also want to know the spiritual aspects of sowing and reaping. There are similarities, but also differences. The spoken WORD plays an important part in growth of spiritual seed. Physical work is part of sowing and reaping, but rain, watering is also crucial. 


In my quiet time before church yesterday, I thought on the subject. I thought about the multitude of "seed" we have planted over the years. Be it time, money, belief, friendship, love, whatever seed it was at the time, I envisioned actual "seed" going into the soil. Just part of the work involved in receiving a harvest. As I continued to ask questions and press in to the Holy Spirit for insight, an picture came to my mind. If a seed was planted in soil, but never watered, the seed would remain dormant until the environment was right for growth. Action brings planting. Obedience brings sun. Words bring rain. Thankfulness waters the seed that are in the ground. The greater the conditions, the greater the harvest. WE have the ability to change the conditions at any time but it takes WORK to WATER too! I realized in certain areas of my life where I have not received a harvest was because seed lay dormant in dry soil. Dry. Dry. Dry! My words nor my thankfulness had been watering my seed enough if at all. Sure... I speak goals, and confessions but here's the kicker.... BELIEF, ENTHUSIASM & THANKFULNESS! Rote words often came from my lips, memorized and spoken on schedule... but true gratitude and emotion did not accompany my words. 


Let me give you an example. July 1998, I met Tyler. Shortly after meeting him, the Holy Spirit revealed to me that he was going to be my husband. As we returned England, where we met on a mission trip, I began a period of 18 months until I would finally see him again. Often I would go months without hearing from him, not an email, not a call, not any contact. Every day that went by, EVERY day for 18 months I remember crying out to God, "PLEASE God, Let him know that He is going to be the man that I marry." I would proceed to THANK God that He revealed to me my husband, but DAILY I would water the seed that was planted in my heart. The word that was planted in my heart July 13, 1998 that Tyler McCart would be my husband, I began to DAILY water it with my words. It took 18 months for that seed to finally grow up! It took 18 months of WATERING while I WAITED for Tyler to realize that he wanted to pursue me. I saw him for the first time again on December 23rd, and from that day forward, he began to pursue me. July 13th, 2000, EXACTLY 2 years from the day God told me he was to be my husband, he proposed. "Would you be willing to be #2 in my life for the rest of your life? Will you marry me?" And the rest is history. For over 10 years, I've been married to the man of my dreams. 


The difference between what I did 10 years ago, and what I've done with some "un-harvested" seed that has been in the ground? PASSION! Every day, for 18 months, I did not recite a rote goal card, or list of confessions. I was PASSIONATELY engaged with the words I cried out to God. I was passionately engaged with the NEED & DESIRE for my words to come to pass. From the depths of my heart, I NEEDED Tyler McCart. My heart longed to be his wife, his completer. 


What about your goals? Is there passion behind them? Are they being WATERED consistently? Or have they been left in dry soil only to lay dormant. Frustration often comes from lack of harvest. The Holy Spirit told me something very empowering... let me repeat it to you... The greater the conditions, the greater the harvest. WE have the ability to change the conditions at any time but it takes WORK to WATER!


Like the Proverbs 31 woman... her vines were FRUITFUL. To receive a harvest, WATER is required on your seed. RAIN your words today! Engage your passion & words. Watch your harvest come to pass!


2 comments:

Kimberly Bestul said...

Very powerful stuff here Joey!! Thx. <3. Kiki

Kimberly Bestul said...

I'm doing this on my phone....I LOVE the idea of making this an app. It would be MUCH easier. :)


I guess I should PASSIONATELY Prat for that to happen, huh? and water the seed......

Social Sharing